Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo Range

KommunistKevin

Reaction score
Whenever i am flying my drone, it disconnects after 1 mile away from me which isn't even close to the advertised range of 4 miles. Is there any way to fix this?

Where do you fly? Is it an urban area with lots of wireless interference or out in the country? Do you keep your antennas pointed at the Evo at all times? Are there any objects between you and your Evo?

There are many factors that can cause the shorten of distance.

Radio Line of Sight. Nothing between the antennas and the EVO. UAV 101.

I've managed a flight over 4 miles with continued good signal but it ran out of battery before getting back. Had to go hunt for it. Luckily I had just attached a tiny tracker and was able to track it down. I'll post a video one of these days soon.

Reactions: Heckmaniac`s Drone
Just got my EVO over Fathers Day weekend, so a little tentative to start. Took it 3 miles out tonight or 6.09 miles round trip. 5-10 mph wind against me on way back so turned around before signal loss or battery got low 74%. Next time if wind at my back for return I'll shoot for 4 miles maybe. Very open area over river and adjacent lakes - no controlled airspace nearby.

received_697863923976905.png

Last edited:
Just got my EVO over Fathers Day weekend, so a little tentative to start. Took it 3 miles out tonight or 6.09 miles round trip. 5-10 mph wind against me on way back so turned around before signal loss or battery got low 72%. Next time if wind at my back for return I'll shoot for 4 miles maybe. Very open area over river and adjacent lakes - no controlled airspace nearby.

View attachment 4620

What are your drone settings?

Thanks, I'm still new so what exactly is OA? :)

obstacle avoidance

These might help you out in the future.

Reactions: hoopsdavis
obstacle avoidance

These might help you out in the future.

Thanks

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members