Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO - Please Advise - 2 Problems, Controller & Home.

sjdaniels

Reaction score
Website
filmforte.com
1.) My Autel EVO pulls left with camera facing operator. If I rotate the unit Autel EVO pulls right. I can hold the joystick pretty steady with a slight tilt on the stick and it will hold the unit in place, but I don't feel this should be the case. I have recalibrated the remote twice and no such luck in correcting it.

2.) Pressing "HOME". When I press the "HOME" button, the unit should return to it's take off point... correct? I have tried configuring location as operator and as EVO... only two options I have found. The problem is no matter which one I choose instead of returning to either point the unit takes off like a rocket... straight up!

What is your return to home height set at? Is it possible it is trying to reach the set height before returning home?

Well I have one suggestion for trying to fix your controller issue. Someplace out in the open and away from any metal do a compass calibration and see if that fixes the wondering to the left. Also sometimes for no reason settings get changed in the App after firmware updates so you might want to go through the settings to make sure nothing has been changed.

Well I have one suggestion for trying to fix your controller issue. Someplace out in the open and away from any metal do a compass calibration and see if that fixes the wondering to the left. Also sometimes for no reason settings get changed in the App after firmware updates so you might want to go through the settings to make sure nothing has been changed.

It actually did do a firmware update just before the flight. I'm going out in a few minutes to a Soccer field to run some adjustments. I will check it out.

Well, I still could not calibrate the compass. First step always works fine, second step always fails. It has since the day I bought it.

Today I was in a soccer field on top of a mountain. Clear, wide open, no houses for radio interference and still failed six times.

Possible problem... tried out ludicrous speed (when light speed is to slow) and was flying across a field nicely. When I began to approach a roadway I immediately full throttled reverse. The unit stopped instantly. As it through its *** down and front up I notice something tiny and black come off... but was not sure what it was.

Returned to home - works now, and yes it's the height adjustment in controls - only to find the right back foot is missing! The screws are still in place, untouched, and the foot is gone. Wondered the field for about 20 minutes and no luck.

Users are in a state of constant complaint about no available propellors for sale anywhere... what about the foot? Anyone know where I can get one?

Attachments

• IMG_2630.JPG
    IMG_2630.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2631.JPG
    IMG_2631.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 19
Not being able to calibrate could mean a compass problem and I would suggest contacting Autel about it. It could lead to further problems down the road. I would think they would suggest it be sent back to them and perhaps they could replace the foot piece at the same time.

Well, apparently that's easier said then done. I can not enter the Autel support site because of an invalid SSL certificate issued by GoDaddy.

I tried Safari and Chrome, neither one will let me in or bypass the SSL.

Hmmm, I just tried and had no problem but yes it has happened in the past that we could not access the site. Sometimes it has to do with the certificate for the site but I don't think that is the problem today for you as I can log into their site no problem. Maybe give it another try later on

Hmmm, I just tried and had no problem but yes it has happened in the past that we could not access the site. Sometimes it has to do with the certificate for the site but I don't think that is the problem today for you as I can log into their site no problem. Maybe give it another try later on

I just tried from U.S. Canada, and Mexico, no luck.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpeg
    Untitled.jpeg
    342.3 KB · Views: 10
  • Untitled2.jpeg
    Untitled2.jpeg
    185.1 KB · Views: 11
Weird, I just tried again and no problem going to the site. Might be just a glitch on your end. Like I said try later or in the morning.

Weird, I just tried again and no problem going to the site. Might be just a glitch on your end. Like I said try later or in the morning.

I got in using ZenPad Z8s Tablet. Only because I could bypass the error. iPhone, MacBook (Safari & Google Chrome), iPad and Lenovo Thinkpad with Windows 10... no go.

I'd give Autel Customer Support a phone call at (844) 692-8835. They have a reputation for being helpful.

Actually they where incredible. I emailed and included the website issue. They informed me that it is a known problem. I told them I can replace the foot, but they said there are other issues if it will not calibrate too, so ship it back and they will go through everything.

Relayed the requested information back and they have already sent RMA and FedEx shipping label. All communications took about 1/2 hour and tomorrow morning I will drop off the unit to FedEx... that was the only unfortunate thing, my local office closes at 6 on Sat and Sun.

Reactions: KentA

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller