Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo Pairing / Connection Problem

suprchrge

Reaction score
Hello All - Hoping someone can shed some light on this issue. I'm fairly tech savvy but have been unable to get through this issue, after multiple calls/chats with Autel Support and google searches.

I have a fairly new Evo that I flew about 5 times before attempting to update the firmware. The download on the remote was successful, but from there it went awry. When I attempted to upload to the drone, it got all the way through and then failed. I attempted to redo this countless times. Nothing. Since then, the remote absolutely refuses to pair with the drone, or maybe vice versa.

I did the manual firmware update to the drone per the instruction video. I attempted to update the controller via a USB thumb drive per Autel's instruction. No pairing.

When I turn on the drone, the yellow lights flash as if it's not paired. The remote, when turned on, simply says "Connecting", or if I turn on with the home button pressed as well, "matching" first appears and then it times out (as do the flashing lights on the pairing button on the drone). I've tried to do this in every order (turning drone on first, controller first, etc.). Nothing seems to work.

Is there something I am missing here? Each time I call Autel I'm told to do a slight variation of what I have previously done and they're always optimistic it will work, but it doesn't. Perhaps I have a bad unit.

Any advice? Similar issues? Thanks!

Hello All - Hoping someone can shed some light on this issue. I'm fairly tech savvy but have been unable to get through this issue, after multiple calls/chats with Autel Support and google searches.

I have a fairly new Evo that I flew about 5 times before attempting to update the firmware. The download on the remote was successful, but from there it went awry. When I attempted to upload to the drone, it got all the way through and then failed. I attempted to redo this countless times. Nothing. Since then, the remote absolutely refuses to pair with the drone, or maybe vice versa.

I did the manual firmware update to the drone per the instruction video. I attempted to update the controller via a USB thumb drive per Autel's instruction. No pairing.

When I turn on the drone, the yellow lights flash as if it's not paired. The remote, when turned on, simply says "Connecting", or if I turn on with the home button pressed as well, "matching" first appears and then it times out (as do the flashing lights on the pairing button on the drone). I've tried to do this in every order (turning drone on first, controller first, etc.). Nothing seems to work.

Is there something I am missing here? Each time I call Autel I'm told to do a slight variation of what I have previously done and they're always optimistic it will work, but it doesn't. Perhaps I have a bad unit.

You may have a motherboard that got corrupted when the firmware failed. My suggestion is to contact Autel, tell them you already did all of their troubleshooting and you would like to send it in under warranty.

I will advice you now. Right now the warranty turn around is around a month wait. Just a heads up if you can't make it work and have to send it in.

Same exact issue here-to the letter. It's brand new and has one 10 minute flight on it. My first drove too,,,,

Edit: I did the manual update and after a few tries pairing it finally stuck. Hopefully this was just a one time glitch.

Last edited:
Same exact issue here-to the letter. It's brand new and has one 10 minute flight on it. My first drove too,,,,

Edit: I did the manual update and after a few tries pairing it finally stuck. Hopefully this was just a one time glitch.
My last manual update was a hassle, after several failed attempts, I started all over using another sandisk and it worked like a charm.
butch

In a case like that you might want to just format the card and trying it before buying another. It could very well fix it.

In a case like that you might want to just format the card and trying it before buying another. It could very well fix it.
I did the format thing too, still no go. I had an extra card that came with my fly-more kit. After the update I re-installed the old card and it takes videos and pics like new???
butch

Reactions: Tufargon
I’m having same pairing issue.contacted support and after over phone diagnosis they are giving me an RA to send in for repair under warranty.

I am also having this pairing issue after updating to 2.5. It was working fine immediately before the update :(.

edit: I applied the firmware update manually a few more times and now everything is working again.

Last edited:

If the remote control not the Drone I have two remotes one will pair in the other one want after about 20 tries I can get the original remote to pair one try the other remote pairs right up don't know what's going

I'm having the same issue. I flew my drones and in mid-flight, the drone and controller lost connection. everything was working well. The drone landed because it had lost connection with the controller...without crashing. I cannot get the controller and drone to connect. I have been through all the firmware issues and have manually installed (I think...hard to know without the controller). They will not connect.

I have moved to the Philippines, and live on the beach. Yes, sea spray has taken out some of my electronics. However, this drone has never left the comfort of a camera bag, unless its being flown.

I'm having the same issue. I flew my drones and in mid-flight, the drone and controller lost connection. everything was working well. The drone landed because it had lost connection with the controller...without crashing. I cannot get the controller and drone to connect. I have been through all the firmware issues and have manually installed (I think...hard to know without the controller). They will not connect.

I have moved to the Philippines, and live on the beach. Yes, sea spray has taken out some of my electronics. However, this drone has never left the comfort of a camera bag, unless its being flown.
I'm in the same boat with the connection issue.
If the remote control not the Drone I have two remotes one will pair in the other one want after about 20 tries I can get the original remote to pair one try the other remote pairs right up don't know what's going
If its the remote, is there a way to push a firmware update or "reset" on the remote?

I too had this exact thing happen, mid flight lost connection, and now will not connect to the drone. I note that when i push the pairing button on drone to re-link it does not flash or anything...could the pairing button be broke and that's why it lost connection in mid flight?

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials