Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO on it's way back, quicker than expected.

DivePanama

Reaction score
Just got a notification that my EVO is on its way back after getting repaired. Long story short, on my last flight of the day and after switching batteries (first flight on a new unflown battery) the EVO decided to lose altitude rather quickly over some trees. Autel said the craft was "under pilot control" (it was but I was not imputing the altitude loss) so it did cost me $136 for the repairs. Initially I wanted to dispute the control claim but decided it wasn't worth the aggravation over just above a C bill in cost. So with that mini rant over, here's my take on Autel's CS and repair service.

First off, I truly expected a much longer repair and turnaround time. The crash happened just before the July 4th weekend. With what I had heard, I had resigned myself to early August at the earliest for return. Considering that it almost took a full week for the drone to ship to Washington from West Virginia courtesy of Fed-Ex, that I received a return shipping notification the day before yesterday was a pleasant surprise. Added bonus, the return shipping is by UPS which I personally have found to be quicker and easier to deal with over Fed-Ex. At least where I live.

Second, the promptness of the CS team on my initial repair inquiry was very quick. Since the crash happened after business hours (in Washington) I knew I would not hear back until the next day. They quickly responded once their "doors were open" the next day. Very professional and courteous. After a couple of emails back and forth along with sending the basic user info and photos of the damage, I had a shipping label and RMA immediately. Once the drone made it back to their facility I received a notification. Once they determined what needed to be repaired, and in my case the cost, I received immediate notification. Bottom line, the whole process was very well executed and professional in manner.

In conclusion, and though I still disagree with their pilot control conclusion, I have to give major kudos to Autel and their customer support and repair team.

So I expect the drone should be arriving sometime early next week as long as UPS doesn't have a issues, LOL. The only negative is I will not be able to fly for awhile since West Virginia is hosting the World Jamboree for the BSA and all of us in the ER where I work are on scheduled overtime with no allowable vacation or PTO authorized until theJamboree is over in early August.

At least the EVO will be back.

Reactions: Ansia
Lose altitude over trees? Don't suppose you were in ludicrous mode?

Also check the SN when receiving the drone, they may just swap it out for a refurbished unit like DJI do (hence the fast turnaround).

Reactions: Nightbat2
Lose altitude over trees? Don't suppose you were in ludicrous mode?

Also check the SN when receiving the drone, they may just swap it out for a refurbished unit like DJI do (hence the fast turnaround).
I hope not. According to the invoice I received, the parts replaced match what was damaged on my drone.

As far as ludicrous mode, nope.

Did you view your flight Record to see what the control imputs were?
Yep, and I actually am suspicious of those. According to the flight data the left thumbtack was all the way back and the right side was neutral. The problem I have with that is that only my right thumb was on a stick and pushing forward. One of my habits when I fly is to only have one thumb on the controller whenever possible. It does slow down reaction time but early on with my Anafi I did use the wrong control stick a couple of times.

Oh well, it didn't cost much for the repairs so I'll see how it flies once it is back.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GLOBODRONE