Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO NANO gets RID

Its under 250gr and does not need registration or rid for recreational purposes in the USA.
You need to register a drone under 250g and use RID in the USA if you use the drone for commercial purposes.

You do need LAANC authorization to fly in controlled air space
Not sure where he is located but it sounds like he is either unable to get LAANC in his controlled airspace area (i.e. not yet available) or all the grids are zeros. Agreed he should not be flying without proper authorization but in many such areas, the drone is not going to prevent you from taking off. All of my DJI drones will take off in my controlled airspace whether I get LAANC authorization or not.

Hi Ken,

Would Dronescanner on an iPad detect RID transmissions? I tried it last night and got nothing from DS. DS’s help talks about Bluetooth and Wifi signals. Is that all there is? Wouldn’t that make the RID range very limited? I’m familiar with ADSB and was thinking that RID is ADSB lite, but it seems far less that that.

I analyzed the 28,500 serial numbers in the Nano DoC. There are four “models” shown below. It’s funny that the serials are not consecutive, so Autel has some secret process for enabling RID on selected drones.

1748CNAG -- 260 Serials
1748CNAO -- 27608 Serials
1748CNAR -- 292 Serials
1748CNAW -- 360 serials

Not knowing exactly how RID works, I plan on never allowing a software/firmware update on the drone. Given the complicated DoC, I also have no confidence that Autel support has all the information.

Reading through Title 14 part 89, I found this:

No person may produce a standard remote identification unmanned aircraft under § 89.515 unless it displays a label indicating that the unmanned aircraft meets the requirements of this part. The label must be in English and be legible, prominent, and permanently affixed to the unmanned aircraft.

Does anyone have a RID Nano with such a label?

Reading through Title 14 part 89, I found this:

No person may produce a standard remote identification unmanned aircraft under § 89.515 unless it displays a label indicating that the unmanned aircraft meets the requirements of this part. The label must be in English and be legible, prominent, and permanently affixed to the unmanned aircraft.

Does anyone have a RID Nano with such a label?
Are they still making Nano drones? If they have not made one recently then you might not see one with label. The only drone that I've seen with the label were Skydio drones and then they told current users how to make and apply their own "RID-compliant" label. I have never seen a DJI drone with this label. Never mind, I found it labeled on my Mavic 3 Pro.

Still, I'm think those drones that become complaint thru a sw update will not have the label.

Last edited:
Hi Ken,

Would Dronescanner on an iPad detect RID transmissions? I tried it last night and got nothing from DS. DS’s help talks about Bluetooth and Wifi signals. Is that all there is? Wouldn’t that make the RID range very limited? I’m familiar with ADSB and was thinking that RID is ADSB lite, but it seems far less that that.

I analyzed the 28,500 serial numbers in the Nano DoC. There are four “models” shown below. It’s funny that the serials are not consecutive, so Autel has some secret process for enabling RID on selected drones.

1748CNAG -- 260 Serials
1748CNAO -- 27608 Serials
1748CNAR -- 292 Serials
1748CNAW -- 360 serials

Not knowing exactly how RID works, I plan on never allowing a software/firmware update on the drone. Given the complicated DoC, I also have no confidence that Autel support has all the information.
Never allowing a software/firmware update is it the smartest thing and if you want to talk about your drone becoming unreliable and dangerous, that’s a good way to do it. There is no update that can physically put a module in your drone. The app may say it’s broadcasting it but I have checked with RID scanners while in flight and it does. It show up, even when saying it’s broadcasting. Autel is the best bet you have for flying your obviouslly illegal flight plans. Don’t think you will find a quality drone to do your strange flight plans otherwise. You couldn’t always go back to 3DR drones, definitely no RID happening there! But you will be flying a pretty big, obvious looking drone

Never allowing a software/firmware update is it the smartest thing and if you want to talk about your drone becoming unreliable and dangerous, that’s a good way to do it. There is no update that can physically put a module in your drone. The app may say it’s broadcasting it but I have checked with RID scanners while in flight and it does. It show up, even when saying it’s broadcasting. Autel is the best bet you have for flying your obviouslly illegal flight plans. Don’t think you will find a quality drone to do your strange flight plans otherwise. You couldn’t always go back to 3DR drones, definitely no RID happening there! But you will be flying a pretty big, obvious looking drone
Hi DeadFan,
I’m one too, Dead fan that is. I’m not sure I am parsing your sentences correctly. You say “It show up, even when saying it’s broadcasting. Autel is your best bet…“ Seems like there should be a NOT in there somewhere.

I tried DroneScanner on my iPad and got no signal, even at a short distance. But DroneScanner warns that on Apple devices it can’t detect WiFi or Bluetooth 5, only Bluetooth 4. So, either my Nano+ doesn’t have RID or it doesn’t transmit on Bluetooth 4. Of course, there is no documentation from autel about its RID module, if any.

Thanks…

RID RID000000320 Autel Robotics EVO Nano Accepted 6.30.2023

Serial numbers: 1748CNAO921511307-1748CNAW821521015

28,500 registration numbers if you download the csv file from faa.

Odd the evo nano has the rid module and evo nano plus does not. I asked Autel if evo nano plus would get a rid number and autel said no it did not have the module in it even though its newer. I quess Autel deleted it.

Cheers

3Fees :)
has there been an update since this was posted? My nano+ number is 1748CNAC92324xxx

Apparently newest versions of BT-RID only TX 240m. And that is also apparently from the Drone itself.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo