Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO may come in 3 flavors

dpeagle

Reaction score
i saw this the other day and thought it was interesting. the evo might come in 3 models. the base model, a 1" sensor model, and a 360 degree camera model. who knows when all 3 models will be available but it's nice to see the options that might eventually be available. (
)

Last edited:
This has been stated many times by Autel management:
Vice President, Software Development at Autel Robotics
The first units will have the same sensor as the XPS (Sony CMOS 1/2.3 F2.8)

Different cameras are being investigated. Key word "investigated".

At the show you can see a version with 1" and 360 camera. These are conceptual working units that we are using to evaluate market feasibility.

screenshot-uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com-2018-01-27-15-06-16-831.jpeg

Last edited:
It is amazing how many people don't understand the word concept.

this is the first time ive seen all 3 models together. even if 2 of them might just be mock ups. it leads me to believe the release for all 3 models might not be far off. what purpose would it serve to show off 2 models that might not be released for a couple of years and give your competitors a view of your business direction.

I hope I'm not the only one who sees a pattern here. I will give them this, they are consistent if nothing else. They could be the first company to show a profit selling vaporware.

Reactions: texas_compadre
The Evo camera will be essentially the same as the mavic pro and mavic air, and ole XSP, as best we know, correct?

And what's wrong with that?
Nothing if you did not expect any improvements on the sensor. Using something that has worked in the paste is a safe way to go. Hopefully they don't get stuck in the "if it works than why fix it mode" and try and get the 1" sensor going sometime down the road.
Going with old tech to get them started was a smart move as they need to get something out to the consumer to build some cash to move onto bigger and better things.

It’s all about camera quality. EVO will be a true Mavic killer if it has a 1” sensor, might even breathe the P4P down its rotor neck. You don’t get to lead by following.

The problem with leading is that everybody has there sights on you.

Nothing if you did not expect any improvements on the sensor. Using something that has worked in the paste is a safe way to go. Hopefully they don't get stuck in the "if it works than why fix it mode" and try and get the 1" sensor going sometime down the road.
Going with old tech to get them started was a smart move as they need to get something out to the consumer to build some cash to move onto bigger and better things.

True but sometimes bigger and better isn't near as good as you expected and at the price you have to pay for it you just bite the bullet and press on. I like the form factor of the new EVO but I wish they would keep the premier and make improvements in upgrades not another $1000.00 plus to get a new one. They treat these things like Styrofoam cups use it and throw the thing away and just get a new one. I always liked the way VW did with the bug spend the research and development on the inside. IMHO

you gotta believe dji will soon release a 1" sensor model, price it around $1200usd and have good spacing between the spark, air & pro. if autel truely wants to blow this segment out of the water i would like to see a modular design allowing the use of all 3 cameras . is that even feasible / practical.

Reactions: Irisheyes5619
I'm no engineer but I think these small cameras with a detachable working gimbal would be to small for that kind of application.
I also think you are correct in how DJI uses price for each model it releases and the next step would be to fill that 1000 to 1200 dollar void. The Mavic can be had for under a thousand and in coming weeks will probably go even lower for the next release.
Like I said before, not everyone has deep pockets to buy the next latest and greatest so pick the one that works for you out of the box and don't count on improvements or upgrades in the future as we all found out from Autel they may not happen.
DJI and Autel make completely different aircraft. Both provide good video product. They function differently from each other. Learn what you want to do and how you want to do it. Choose the one that fits you best.

Perhaps Autel will adapt the concept of modular design, meaning we could simply add the different camera later, that it tempted us with with the X-Star. Or, Autel could still fulfill the promise of creating camera modules for the X-Star. It could do both.

I hope they have plans that we don’t know about yet
I am sure they are surveying, reading all social media
If they are , my opinion reading all is 1 inch sensor is not an option to compete, it is a must

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itallica