Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

evo is amazing

Reaction score
i have been doing research for(no joke) 10 months on a drone to get since i want to make the right decision cuz im a poor highschooler. in that time, i have seen hundreds upon hundreds of drones. and i have seena lot of amazing drones out there but none of them are as advanced as the evo. sure, there are better cameras out there, but this is the best one for me. i dont have a smartphone and my parents are strict about that so i cant get one anyways. so that of course limited em down quite a bit. i decided early on that i should get the yuneec typhoon q500 4k, but then i looked at the size of it and tried as hard as i could to get a new option. the evo was the perfect drone for that, and i saw some reviews and i was blown away by it. so there. i dont know why i posted this but take it as you will.

You've seen better cameras in your price range?

I had the same choices as you as I don't have a smart phone either; but I ended up buying an old iPad for occasional use, ie caching maps and intelligent flight modes.

I thought I had closely examined the output from every sub-$2k drone with an integral FPV screen and imho there were no cameras better than the EVO's. There were bigger sensors but they didn't produce better quality images imho.

Three weeks in and I'm still working my way through the settings as a back yard novice, trying to figure out what works best for me. So far, very happy with my first drone. A few small issues here and there but I'm not competent enough to rule out operator error. I can't even master the iPad.

i guess there werent many that had BETTER cameras, but if your price range is around 2k you could get the dji p4 pro or one of the mavic with a crystal sky or the spark with crystal sky, but i just didnt like dji in the first place

The P4 Pro is the only DJI camera that I like but I think the EVO images are cleaner and cheaper. Do the others have an integral screen?

i actually think the p4 has better color, but it's just personal opinion. here's a comparison of the 2. as for other droones, there's the xdynamics evolve. its not out quite yet and its $2400 but it is an amazing drone. here's a pre-release overview of it. lastly, the yuneec typhoon h can mount a better camera than the included cgo3. i think the h90 or h50 might be compatible. but the main reason i got the evo was because it was foldable. i hated the size of the others. but if you already have have it then ya dont get a different one :) the camera is still amazing.

From what I can find (not much) the image quality from the pre-launch Evolve isn't as good as the EVO, it can't do 4k60fps and its bitrate is a modest 60Mbps. It's also a giant and allegedly costs $2,500. But it does have a magnificent controller. And it isn't available.

I have seen Captain Drone's excellent camera comparison videos and they helped me settle on the EVO. The only other drone he compared that got close (on his standard Auto setting) imho was the P4 but it knocked out his skin tones completely and I couldn't consider a camera with such a flawed Auto setting. Otherwise, it looks like a good camera albeit suffering from over-sharpening and over-saturation. If you like your colours rich and vibrant, the EVO Vivid setting will give you that - or you can grade in post.

I did look long and hard at the Yuneec H Plus which I think has the potential to be the best out there under $2k. But even with its 1in sensor, its camera isn't yet as good as the EVO's imho. And it's shockingly over-sharpened (and bloated) in-camera JPEGs should never have seen the light of day.

I think the EVO was set up by expert image engineers who really know their stuff - which can't be true of some of the others.

i actually think the p4 has better color, but it's just personal opinion. here's a comparison of the 2. as for other droones, there's the xdynamics evolve. its not out quite yet and its $2400 but it is an amazing drone. here's a pre-release overview of it. lastly, the yuneec typhoon h can mount a better camera than the included cgo3. i think the h90 or h50 might be compatible. but the main reason i got the evo was because it was foldable. i hated the size of the others. but if you already have have it then ya dont get a different one :) the camera is still amazing.

$2500 for something with a max 1km radio, and 20min flight time....That's a huge fail. That Evolve is a Phantom 3 with a carbon shell and fancy controller.

EDIT: Ok, I will give them credit for putting in a low latency Connex video feed, but that's still an interesting choice. On a camera drone, I'm not sure how much that latency loss really matters. It's not a racing quad.

I'd rather have an Evo/Mavic/P4v2 and a top of the line iPad...

Last edited:

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials