Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO II - with IP 54 OR IP65 PROTECTION

I just had my EVO II 8K out the other day and got caught in a light shower. It wasn't much but I brought it down out of abundance of caution. The fan beneath the cowling creates positive pressure at the vent ports and will keep most mist and droplets from entering while the aircraft powered and the rotors are spinning. Cover the craft immediately and protect it from further rain once it lands and be sure to wipe down all surface moisture and let it stand in a place of circulating air for 15 minutes or more, power-up for a diagnostic before storing and things should be good

• Wow
Reactions: Len
Thanks for the info .

From the information i have, you could waterproof your EVO II drone by using

3M product viz; "Dry Drone Bake n Shake" . You can apply it freely on the drone motors and circuit boards .
Purchase link waterproof your drone with DryDrone
App link -

There is also another professional product viz; Silicon modified conformal coating. This must be done in a very cautious manner. This product cannot be applied on areas where a contact with electricity is required such as a USB port, switch etc.
Purchase link -
Purchase link- Amazon.com: MG Chemicals 422B Silicone Modified Conformal Coating, 55 ml Bottle: Industrial & Scientific
App link -

Yes , with the above products you can get the EVO II with water / rain protection .It is widely used by Fixed Wing flyers .

S.J,
Well, If you are about to take the perfect picture then you can consider the risk. Many photographers lost their expensive equipment but didn't regret because the photos they took were worth more than $$$.

From practical side, you can make waterproof drone but it's better to spend effort and money on DIY project. T-Motor was producing waterproof engines for drones, maybe they still do. I have some experience in this area actually. Once my hexacopter was completely submerged upside-down for 6-7 minutes fully powered up (but engines unarmed), and only 1 of 6 engines + its ECS burned however all other electronics, camera, and battery were fully sealed. After replacement of burned engine+ESC it was completely ok.

There is another option: use Evo in safe conditions and cheaper second-hand Mavic for risky missions.

Reactions: sibujacob

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adunsky