Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO II Took Off on It's Own

it is infinitely better to just remove the props just like you would unload the gun. apologies for the analogy.

also I don't understand the obsession with hand launching and landing. clearly you want to do it in an emergency or when you have no choice but why anyone would reach out or go anywhere near those moving blades when an accident could happen....I don't get it, it's not that cool.

I unload mine as well... and as said in my previous post... always remove the props. ;)

On a side note, not everyone is obsessed with hand launching and landing. I personally have 0 interest in it. I'll take off and land on the ground or similar hard surface. Safety doesn't have a thing to do with how I feel about it either... I just don't see what is so appealing about grabbing the drone while it's flying.

The drone I learned on and flew this past year is a DJI Inspire 1v2. It has huge props and no way would I try to catch it in my hands. Props go off after every mission and don't go back on until the next mission (must come off to fit in the case). So when I bought the E2P I was already trained and had the props off when updating firmware. So far no problems after the update. May you have a quick recovery.

Wow... as a new Autel owner coming from DJI - it's really good to know this is a risk.

My best advise is to put on the Propeller guards before you do anything, they need to be part of the package from Autel.
The propeller guards need to be re-designed to protect the front and the back too.
No matter what, I call it a killing machine, protect yourself, family and the drone with propeller guards ! Even with the propeller guards its not safe to catch the drone while landing, watch out !

Last edited:
My best advise is to put on the Propeller guards before you do anything, they need to be part of the package from Autel.
The propeller guards need to be re-designed to protect the front and the back too.
No matter what, I call it a killing machine, protect yourself, family and the drone with propeller guards !
Your right about the Autel being dangerous. But that is because it's motors and lift capacity are significantly greater than the mavic 2 series drones, in my opinion. I have both the Autel 2 and the Mav 2. I put heavy loads on both of them. The mavic can't handle nearly the weights the Autel can. And, i've seen the damage the blades of the autel can do compared to the mavic. The autel cuts things the mavic can't. The Autel's blades will really gash your skin, and deep if your hit by them. I have been hit by both, but not on my hands. The Autel won the cutting comparison. Not fun.

I am sure that the directions for doing the firmware upgrade says to remove the props.

Many places in mountainous terrain that suitable launch and landing spots are few and far between.
Nothing is wrong catching most commercial drones, in my opinion. As long as you have experience doing it. The autel is a little dangerous though. But, i still do it.

I am sure that the directions for doing the firmware upgrade says to remove the props.
It doubt it says remove props before updating firmware. That's because the Evo2 probably shouldn't try taking off during firmware updates. I never noticed it even attempt to take off. Even if it does take off it'll only go straight up and hover. I would cancel the firmware update . Let it hover, then land it after rebooting the app. Or get a towel and throw it on top of the drone. That would easily cause a stall.

It doubt it says remove props before updating firmware. That's because the Evo2 probably shouldn't try taking off during firmware updates. I never noticed it even attempt to take off. Even if it does take off it'll only go straight up and hover. I would cancel the firmware update . Let it hover, then land it after rebooting the app. Or get a towel and throw it on top of the drone. That would easily cause a stall.
For Autel Robotics directly:

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy