Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO II Solar inspection

Best drone for solar Inspection?

• Autel Evo II Dual

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Mavic Entreprise Advanced

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Matrice 200 + Zenmuse XT2

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Other one

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Solar_thermal

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I hope i am in the right section of the site because i have several question about the Autel Evo II Dual.

I want to make solar inspection with a drone and i am currently wondering which one is the best between the Matrice 200 + Zenmuse XT2, the Autel Evo II Dual Radiometric and the Mavic Entreprise Advanced.

The questions :

1. Can somebody send me sample data from the Autel Evo II Dual? Then i cant sent it to the technical service of my company to see if the pictures are usable?

2. Is the Autel Evo II Dual used in the solar inspection sector? I work in Europe so i think i could obtain the 640 Radiometric version (which is named 640T? i dont really understand this)

3. What are the thing i should now before buying the Autel Evo II Dual if I am conseidering mapping solar power plant? Is it compatible with Pix4D? I cant afford to make my company buy the wrong product, especially a 10k euros one.

thank you very much and have a nice day

First if your doing solar panel inspection you want a radiometric drone like the 640T Second at this point Autel doesn't have a drone that can do a large scale mission ( that I know of and I've been on the phone with support to see if there is a solution) . at this time there isn't. To fly it correctly you would have to fly along the strings sideways and the mission planers don't have this available yet. The only way it could be done is with a waypoint mission so you can adjust the heading and that feature isn't available in rect. or polu missions

First if your doing solar panel inspection you want a radiometric drone like the 640T Second at this point Autel doesn't have a drone that can do a large scale mission ( that I know of and I've been on the phone with support to see if there is a solution) . at this time there isn't. To fly it correctly you would have to fly along the strings sideways and the mission planers don't have this available yet. The only way it could be done is with a waypoint mission so you can adjust the heading and that feature isn't available in rect. or polu missions
are they working on it? maybe with the RTK version?

I've mentioned it to Autel and I was told that it would be added to the list of requests, but the most popular requests get filled first and this isn't one of them

I'm going to go back to building my own hex with a Pixhawk controller . More work to build ,but so much more superior and if your thinking of their RTK drone do your research as they are basing it on six fixed base points in the US and you can't get the accuracy they claim consistently. You have to have a mobile base station which is not an option on the Autel and yet they want $3200 for the drone. On the Pixhawk controller I can add a home base module for $330. and that will deliver centimeter accuracy. I'm 70 years old so getting lazy as I get older I king of liked the grab and go idea of the Autel , but they're releasing product which should be a beta release and want us to pay for it . I don't have that kind of time and given the price they want us to fund their R&D. This is just my opinion and I have enjoyed flying my EVO2 Pro , but as of right now I wouldn't recommend going any further than that as the 640T is a $7000 hobby drone and not something that can compete in the commercial arena.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials