Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo II Crash

bluesti

Reaction score
Evo was quite happy flying up this creek in outback Oz using Viewpoint. As you can see, the bank to the right is heavily overgrown and yes this is where the E2 crashed. Not entirely sure what happened and why. I can only guess that the OA couldn't detect the branches, so when I hit RTH, that's when it crashed.
I spent over 2 hours chopping down the undergrowth, dodging snakes and watching out for grazing cattle and big red kangaroos.
Was just about to cry and give up and there she was, lying on her side with lights flashing.
Replaced to sets of blades and she was back flying.

Would be interested to know if a tracker would have located it. Your thoughts

Reactions: waltermitty
you could have found the position of your drone in the tablet by looking at your summary of the flight.
(if tablet connected to the radio).
Screenshot_2020-10-13-14-01-15[1].jpg

Glad you found it. Sorry to hear about the loss. Hopefully you can get back going! I do carry a Marco Polo tracker on my site that would track it within a 2 mile radius. Ive had people obliterate the drone and, the tracker looks like the day they bought it. It requires NO cell plan. Its a really cool little piece of tech.

Reactions: MNT DRONE SOLUTIONS
How close to the waters edge was it when you finally found it? Looks like you got pretty lucky that it didn't go for a swim.
The tree it hit was on the rivers bank., so yes it could have gone either way, water or grasses. Some have suggested that a tracking device would have found her easier, but I roughly knew where she was, I just couldn't get to her and there was no way I was going to swim across the river. You know what lurks beneath.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials