Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo height Indication and Autel's refusal to help me.

Ansia

Reaction score
My Evo arrived yesterday, after a 37 days round trip to Autel Robotics for this exact problem. The only difference is before it would display height in EXIF data as 0. According to Autel, they couldn't find any problems with my Drone and returned it via slow boat back to me. After it got back, my Evo does display altitude, but the height # does not match. between the screen telemetry and the EXIF data. I have tried to contact Autel today via chat, but I've been waiting for 1 and half hours for reply and the chat program says that the usual waiting time is 9 minutes....
MAX_0005.JPGMAX_0005-1.jpgMAX_0005-2.jpg

On another note. I also asked them to verify and replace the antennas. They did nothing. My antennas still show hairline cracks. Another great reason why I am replacing them.
20190618_143712.jpg

I am just going by the x-star but it was always out from around 50 feet. Is that about what your seeing?
I am seeing 22-23 meters. If you follow the link below, I took various samples of this. 1 meters is 3.28 feet. That is a big margin of error for photogrametry. I will test the Mission planning as soon as I get off work. If it works, then I will be able to tell how much does change in elevation affect the final result. I've already done a base with my Phantom of this site.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
I had the exact same experience with Autel. My antennas were all cracked and I asked for an advance replacement controller, and was told they only offer that to new purchasers within two weeks of purchase. I was, instead, required to send it in for repair, and a 3 week turnaround. I was having FPV dropouts at 1.5 miles, so I was told to send in the aircraft as well to have the FPV tested. I got them back 3 weeks later, and asked about the FPV range issues, and they said they are unable to test anything past 1.2 miles! Major disappointment! Antennas were replaced, but are just as fragile as before, and the FPV dropouts are no better. Unusable past 1.5 miles! Part of the problem is that ALL user settings are reset to factory defaults upon any signal loss, and 2 minutes of every battery is wasted resetting all user settings before every flight, as Autel refuses to make them sticky, to survive even a battery swap!

I had the exact same experience with Autel. My antennas were all cracked and I asked for an advance replacement controller, and was told they only offer that to new purchasers within two weeks of purchase. I was, instead, required to send it in for repair, and a 3 week turnaround. I was having FPV dropouts at 1.5 miles, so I was told to send in the aircraft as well to have the FPV tested. I got them back 3 weeks later, and asked about the FPV range issues, and they said they are unable to test anything past 1.2 miles! Major disappointment! Antennas were replaced, but are just as fragile as before, and the FPV dropouts are no better. Unusable past 1.5 miles! Part of the problem is that ALL user settings are reset to factory defaults upon any signal loss, and 2 minutes of every battery is wasted resetting all user settings before every flight, as Autel refuses to make them sticky, to survive even a battery swap!
Operate on your controller and replace the antennas yourself. Here is a guide.

Attachments

• AUTEL EVO CONTROLLER DISASSEMBLY Revision - 2 12.29.2018 (1).pdf
    4.2 MB · Views: 23
Operate on your controller and replace the antennas yourself. Here is a guide.
Excellent. After installing the LifThor tablet mount, a DBS-02 panel antenna will be the next mod, requiring modifying the RC to install the same SMA connectors in the guide. All my older DJI RC's required the same antenna mod. I'd rather have someone else do the mod install, though. Might order a second controller, so the original RC keeps the compact portable size for spontaneous flights. Will have paid for another M2P by the time I am through! :rolleyes:

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d