Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

evo fpv goggles?

does anyone know of any FPV goggles that will work with an Evo, that
Are you wanting to fly FPV using the Autel Explorer app and goggles to hold your phone, or using the FPV goggles that run off of the wireless signal?

I would rather plug them into the controller. Don't want to deal with relievers and all that.

Well, we can't just have USB outputs.
You have to go through a tablet with an HDMI output.

if it's a good set of goggles with an hdmi port yes.

NOT controller but YES in HDMI plugged into the Tablet output.

Haven't tried but these yet, but would also work well simply by removing the LCD screen and replacing with your phone. Wouldn't be VR mode, but rather your normal display with the controller plugged in. Can always use the display and antennas to fly other FPV's if you have those as well. Seems to be a great solution for EVO - especially if you wear glasses. Little pricey if you are removing the display, but I wear glasses and haven't found a good alternative as of yet.
FXT Viper v2.0:
Amazon.com: New V2.0 Version FXT Viper FPV Goggles 5.8GHz Video Glasses Support Wearing Glasses, Detachable 5inch Monitor for Drone Quadcopter: Electronics=

Monitor size: 129mm x 89mm x 11mm 5 inch
Just find the phone that fits into it.

Monitor size: 129mm x 89mm x 11mm 5 inch
Just find the phone that fits into it.

Another member "Madhungarion" has them and he uses a Samsung Galaxy S5 and says it fits. That is a fairly common size and should fit my LG V30 as well. I get them Monday, so I'll soon find out.

Another member "Madhungarion" has them and he uses a Samsung Galaxy S5 and says it fits. That is a fairly common size and should fit my LG V30 as well. I get them Monday, so I'll soon find out.
Also the monitor that comes with it has an HDMI in slot, so you might also be able to link to a tablet that is linked to your controller - not sure, but I plan on using my phone.

Just a thought on this but if you have an fpv headset that runs via hdmi kinda curious how it would do connected to live deck since live deck pushes out 1080p.

Just a thought on this but if you have an fpv headset that runs via hdmi kinda curious how it would do connected to live deck since live deck pushes out 1080p.
If you connect to livedeck with your hd goggles you will not get any telemetry, just video. FYI
Here is the googles with my phone.
20200508_212410.jpg

If you connect to livedeck with your hd goggles you will not get any telemetry, just video. FYI
Here is the googles with my phone.
View attachment 6868
Maybe Autel could push an update to make telemetry show up either way once I purchase live deck ive got so.e ideas ive done similar watching live tv using my playstation vr headset so I figure anything is possible with the right setup.

Maybe Autel could push an update to make telemetry show up either way once I purchase live deck ive got so.e ideas ive done similar watching live tv using my playstation vr headset so I figure anything is possible with the right setup.
I have been waiting for them to push an update so that you can directly plug into the controller which I do not see why its not possible if you already have all of the info on the controllers screen. I have talked to support and they keep saying you need to go through a android or ios device like a phone or tablet. What I also heard was that Autel might be coming out with a smart controller similar to what DJI has, then you can plug your hd googles in. Until then your best bet which works well is my method with the FXT goggles. We will see what Autel does.

Reactions: AZdroney83
Haven't tried but these yet, but would also work well simply by removing the LCD screen and replacing with your phone. Wouldn't be VR mode, but rather your normal display with the controller plugged in. Can always use the display and antennas to fly other FPV's if you have those as well. Seems to be a great solution for EVO - especially if you wear glasses. Little pricey if you are removing the display, but I wear glasses and haven't found a good alternative as of yet.
FXT Viper v2.0:
Amazon.com: New V2.0 Version FXT Viper FPV Goggles 5.8GHz Video Glasses Support Wearing Glasses, Detachable 5inch Monitor for Drone Quadcopter: Electronics=
Dang, I went and looked at a brand new pair of those a guy was selling on Offer unfortunately $100, but didn't get them because I didn't they would work.
Would the regular USB on the controller provide a video feed?

Dang, I went and looked at a brand new pair of those a guy was selling on Offer unfortunately $100, but didn't get them because I didn't they would work.
Would the regular USB on the controller provide a video feed?
No, even though I do not understand why not, since everything you need is already being displayed on the controller screen. You need to go through a phone or tablet that has hdmi out.

I use a NVIDIA Shield with HDMI out to Yuneec skyview goggles which gives you exactly the app screen, I find it much more suitable than the telemetry provided by the fav mode on the app, I feel the same way using the HDMI out gf my inspire 1 controller I prefer using the Shield and see all the controls from the app. If you want to remove all the obstructions from view just swipe down n the tablet and you have a clear image and when you need telemetry again swipe again.

I use a NVIDIA Shield with HDMI out to Yuneec skyview goggles which gives you exactly the app screen, I find it much more suitable than the telemetry provided by the fav mode on the app, I feel the same way using the HDMI out gf my inspire 1 controller I prefer using the Shield and see all the controls from the app. If you want to remove all the obstructions from view just swipe down n the tablet and you have a clear image and when you need telemetry again swipe again.
How do you use the Nvidea Shield ? I don't think I understand .
I want to fly my drone with some fpv goggles. If I can't, I guess there isn't anything I can do about that, but it just seems like it shouldn't be this difficult.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials