Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO controller won't charge

fpt

Reaction score
Flew the EVO yesterday. Charged batteries as usual without any problem. I decided to check the controller and it was at 59% so I thought I'd give that a charge as well. It won't take a charge. Been about 15 hours now and its at 30%. Tried two different cables. It seems to me that the controller battery has gone bad, but I'm wondering if I'm missing something. Any tips or experience would be appreciated.

Are you using the EVO charger to charge the controller? Have you tried a wall charger to cross out the possibility that the stock charger is tits up? Lion batteries really don't die so fast. You should get more then two years out of one without problems.

Are you using the EVO charger to charge the controller? Have you tried a wall charger to cross out the possibility that the stock charger is tits up? Lion batteries really don't die so fast. You should get more then two years out of one without problems.
Yes EVO charger. I'm going to try my phone charger, never thought of that.

I had a similar issue and turned out the micro USB port was bad or had loose connection (not my battery). Had to send back to Autel a few weeks ago. Still under warranty so they are replacing that and also said they found the fan was faulty so replacing that at the same time as well, both at no charge warranty repair. Actually waiting for it to be returned in the next week or two.

Reactions: mixchief and fpt
Yes EVO charger. I'm going to try my phone charger, never thought of that.
The phone charger is working. At 68% now. That's just the kind of tip I was hoping for. Thanks a lot. Why didn't I think of that?:confused:

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
You might also want to use the full size USB port if you are trying to use the micro USB or vice versa, those micro connectors are known to have issues

You might also want to use the full size USB port if you are trying to use the micro USB or vice versa, those micro connectors are known to have issues
This will charge using the full size usb slot? Ive always worried about the micro port as I keep hearing more and more instants of the micro slot going bad

Flew the EVO yesterday. Charged batteries as usual without any problem. I decided to check the controller and it was at 59% so I thought I'd give that a charge as well. It won't take a charge. Been about 15 hours now and its at 30%. Tried two different cables. It seems to me that the controller battery has gone bad, but I'm wondering if I'm missing something. Any tips or experience would be appreciated.
I had the same problem on a 2 week EVO 2 pro controller on a rugged package I just bought. I’ll call Autel to discuss today

I just had the same problem with that brand new Evo 2 pro controller I received two weeks ago. I’ll call Autel and discuss with them what issue this is.

I just had the same problem with that brand new Evo 2 pro controller I received two weeks ago. I’ll call Autel and discuss with them what issue this is.
After the recent update I have not seen this problem again. will continue to watch for it.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials