Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

evo battery problem

This is my post from 1-3-19 when I lost my EVO due to this problem. Autel said it was pilot error due to the fact that I took off not fully charged at 100% and even though it was near 100% it is not recommended. My EVO was never found but after several weeks Autel did replace with a new EVO which I was grateful for. I only had a few charges on that battery at the time but it was a battery failure. I am very cautious now about flying the EVO any distance out as I fear the failure will happen again. I have since purchased a Mavic 2 Pro and use that for any flights like that.

1-3-19
Did two flights today and both to same exact location right at 6500ft. Returned first time with about 40% battery life left. Put another battery in that had 3 full lights with 4th flashing. Controller said I had 19 minutes flight time so I felt Ok to fly again. Took off to same spot and turned around and was heading back when battery showed about 48 % left. Just a few seconds later RTH initiated as it said battery was low and so I let it return home on its on. A few seconds after that I start getting critically low warnings and battery had now dropped to like 18 %. I panicked and started descending thinking maybe the winds were to much at 330ft. I saw the speed also slow to around 10mph so I kept trying to get it lower. Next thing I know its at 14% and it disconnected showing I had 3 minutes of time left. It never reconnected so I waited hoping to have it come back on its on but it never showed. I went looking at its last location at 5000 ft out but track took it through heavily wooded overgrown area which I think it landed or crashed in. I took my Spark out and flew over the path hoping to at least see it but never found it .
Dont know what happened but there should have been plenty of battery life to get it back. The levels dropped from 48% to 14% within a few seconds time. Called Autel and spoke to really nice folks who said they would help all they can. Sent me a questionnaire with basic questions about what happened . The person I spoke with said it could be covered under warranty . I told him if not I dont need the whole package again and just basically need the drone without battery. He said they would work with me and possibly offer discount to help out. Im waiting for response to see what the outcome is. Once I get another EVO I will be really reluctant to head out that far again because I feel it was some kind of battery failure .

Reactions: Mbarrington2
I’ve experienced the same Battery problem with my Evo. Luckily the drop in battery power happened right after takeoff so I wasn’t to far out. I had enough elevation to return to my takeoff point even with the app showing no time or charge left on battery. It dropped from 100%, to 50%, to critically low in under a minute. I removed the battery and noticed it had 1 blinking light still on back of battery. Mysteriously, after sitting in my drawer for a few days I checked it again and it had 3 solid lights and 1 blinking light on the back of the battery. I turned on my Evo and it’s showing a battery capacity of 80%, how is that possible, Bad Battery!

Also, noticed recently that 2 of my 4 Evo batteries are giving low battery warnings when the app still shows good battery charge, happened at about 50 to 65%, not sure if I can trust any of these batteries. I use to have complete faith in my Evo, it’s dwindling rapidly!

i have the same problem..nearly lost the drone..it said battery damaged replace battery..i emailed them lets see what they say

I’ve experienced the same Battery problem with my Evo. Luckily the drop in battery power happened right after takeoff so I wasn’t to far out. I had enough elevation to return to my takeoff point even with the app showing no time or charge left on battery. It dropped from 100%, to 50%, to critically low in under a minute. I removed the battery and noticed it had 1 blinking light still on back of battery. Mysteriously, after sitting in my drawer for a few days I checked it again and it had 3 solid lights and 1 blinking light on the back of the battery. I turned on my Evo and it’s showing a battery capacity of 80%, how is that possible, Bad Battery!
Hi same problem, batt fully charged, after 2 min in flight ,critically low, comes down. Then I go up again says 80% but cannot trust it anymore..almost lost it once due to this. Battery is 3 yrs old & not alot of use???

I've purchased 3 new evo one batteries within 6 months and 3 within the first year all but 1 still works. They have all been well taken care of and rotated so I'm not using the same battery over and over.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials