Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo advice please!

• Thread starter Deleted member 1872
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1872

Ok,

I live in Spain and have been looking at a EVO.

Before you give any advice I'll ignore all options about DJI - the last company on the planet I'll buy a drone from (Been ripped off!) not the first person to be ripped off by them and won't be the last person yet keep buying WTF -I understand the products are good but CS - Crap.

Anyway I'm confused about the charger/ 110v against Europe 220v.

If there are any other help or experience about the EVO in Europe would be great.

I'm looking at buying through Amazon as they know customer service, and I've spoken to Autel too they seem OK, but didn't ask all my questions.

Thanks for everyones help in advance.

Am in the US and just looked at the charging brick. It is rated at 100 to 240 volts 50/60 cycle. Seems like all you would need is a plug adapter to go from the US standard to European.

Richard Gilmore, who imported an EVO into the UK, told me that everything works perfectly using what's known over here as a figure-of-8 "kettle" power lead instead of the one in the box. I guess the Spanish equivalent would be one of these.

Autel told me that they have a number of happy customers in the EU despite the potential penalty of having to pay to ship the unit back to the US for any repairs under warranty.

Thanks for the comments so helpful!

Well, I've been in contact with a company in US looking at the rugged bundle and filters.

The company has been professional upto now!

I hope this continues.

I am sooo disappointed with DJI - We sell but screw you afterwards attitude when it goes wrong - I had a mechanical fault within guarantee and charged me for a repair but sent me a replacement drone that was worse than my original.

I hope I'll be more happy with Autel, as I miss flying.

I have a phantom 3SE sitting in a box collecting dust.

heh hum!

Thanks for the comments so helpful!

Well, I've been in contact with a company in US looking at the rugged bundle and filters.

The company has been professional upto now!

I hope this continues.

I am sooo disappointed with DJI - We sell but screw you afterwards attitude when it goes wrong - I had a mechanical fault within guarantee and charged me for a repair but sent me a replacement drone that was worse than my original.

I hope I'll be more happy with Autel, as I miss flying.

I have a phantom 3SE sitting in a box collecting dust.

heh hum!
I don't want to build castles in the air, but I believe there will be very little chance of having issues with the EVO, I have found it to be incredibly sturdy and well built. Suffice it to say that mine got hit by an SUV and suffered absolutely no damage. Autel is also working diligently to improve it as fast as possible and is listening to all the owner's feedback, so before long I beleive the EVO will have very little to envy the DJi products.

Reactions: CathyAnn
No argument from me as I have never seen a DJI drone nor watched any DJI footage. As a novice, and a phone-hater, I limited my universe to the Yuneec Typhoon H (and then H Plus) and the Autel EVO. I think the H Plus will be my next purchase when Yuneec iron out some of the teething troubles but I wanted to get started before any new regulations came in and the EVO impressed me with the quality of its video, especially after recent firmware updates. At this stage of development, I think the EVO produces cleaner video than the bigger sensor of the H Plus and that's the clincher for me.

I have also had prompt and helpful answers from Autel to my various questions and I have monitored the forums for any possible dealbreakers - but found none, apart from the ongoing short or non-supply of parts…which will hopefully be remedied by the time I need any.

I imported my EVO into the UK (it arrived today) and I certainly don't want to be sending it back to the USA to get a replacement foot, if one falls off.

I do think the EVO manuals leave a lot to be desired. They don't flow in a logical way and there is very little EVO-specific information available to help newbies with flying and filming techniques. But that may be a universal problem with all drone manufacturers focused on the technical stuff while leaving users to work out how to use it to create images. So I have a lot of trials - and hopefully not too many errors - ahead of me.

suzukigsxr, I am using the aforementioned "figure of 8" (C7) power lead instead of the one supplied and the battery and controller are both charging up nicely.

Well Guys,

Tomorrow I'm ordering my EVO, and filters.

I'm happy I longer have to deal with DJI - Who have lost my claim against them with paypal.

Paypal accepted that DJI were in the wrong with my repair.

DJI have to refund my repair cost.

So I'm happy the money is helping towards a happier wife!;)

Hello i live in France and i flight with Autel since 2016 !
2 Autel X-Star Wifi and now a Autel EVO since june 2018, and i don't have any problém, it's a very good drone in france we have also 220 volts and it's Ok !! good luck

Thanks,

Franlac, I'm done ordered a rugged bundle and filters from drone-works. An incredible company responded quickly very professional.

Now just waiting!

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials