Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO 3 release date yet?

Vindibona1

Reaction score
The leaks were saying that the EVO 3 might be released in October... Well here we are in November. Any updated word?

unfortunately i think the date is probably closer to 2Q2022 along the lines of may or june.

mavic 3 is live; wow!
Yep.. Have you checked out the pricing. $2200 for a drone and a battery. $3k for the "flymore" package and $5k for the "cine" package. Keep in mind that sales tax or VAT or whatever your locale wants to confiscate for your purchase will be in addition to the base cost. I can't imagine how much it will be net in places where they have a VAT tax that bumps the price every time the product changes hands from importer, to distributor to retailer to consumer. At least for me they have over-stepped in terms of pricing and taken it out of consideration for my next drone. Crashing or losing this drone is really going to hurt. I'm hoping the EVO III will offer something competitive, but more reasonably priced.

Yep.. Have you checked out the pricing. $2200 for a drone and a battery. $3k for the "flymore" package and $5k for the "cine" package. Keep in mind that sales tax or VAT or whatever your locale wants to confiscate for your purchase will be in addition to the base cost. I can't imagine how much it will be net in places where they have a VAT tax that bumps the price every time the product changes hands from importer, to distributor to retailer to consumer. At least for me they have over-stepped in terms of pricing and taken it out of consideration for my next drone. Crashing or losing this drone is really going to hurt. I'm hoping the EVO III will offer something competitive, but more reasonably priced.
i will bet you one thing is that the price for the Evo3 Pro will like $1,999 and Fly Longer package will be $2,300 i think Autel will focus on really getting the M 4/3 Camera just prefect. while yes the flight time might still be 40 minutes or slightly better. but overall it will a cheaper then what DJI is selling.

yes i saw pricing which is why i won't click on the BUY button today. if i can't get at least 15% discount (thru various methods)...i expect to buy mavic 3 later this spring when weather starts to warm up and before my big summer trip. dji care refresh is $250+ and i consider that a must as you mentioned about crashing or losing the drone which would be seriously painful...and this is on par with autel care. also i would like to see what comes with the evo 3. also with dji care refresh you get a 2-year warranty instead of a 1-year warranty. it's day two....and i'm still holding. :)

Crashing or losing this drone is really going to hurt.
And in realization of this fact, they considerately raised the DSJ Care Refresh, AND the additional "deductible" when you actually use it. It's great that they thought of everything. Every way to dig deeper into your wallet It's a superb bit if hardware, but the biggest difference from Autel besides flight restrictions is file management. They made it MUCH easier and MUCH more manageable. My V2 Smart Controller is not much more than a big (beautiful) display running Android Version of AE. With the budget and pricing of the beast, you might have thought they would have a Take-off/Landing Button, and a roller/select for camera functions to match the standard controller. I got into a bit of a debate with another SC owner about expectations. He sees it as a controller with top specs, display, stick potentiometer's etc, and thinks I'm looking for a tablet instead of a controller. What I'm really looking for is a controller with high build quality (check!) Big, bright display (check!) long battery life (check!) and any features that help my work recording, taking photos and managing said files. While the 3rd Party File Manager Autel installed can set the controller as an FTP Server (wide open, almost zero security) and I've been able to use cables, sdcard readers, and other methods to manage files, Autel did little or nothing to assist me in my tasks.

Finally AUTEL: PLEASE REMOVE THEV3 SECOND DELAY ON THE "PAUSE/ EMERGENCY BRAKE/STOP BUTTON.

Three seconds is exactly the precise amount of time to watch your drone have a seriously destructive collision, with your bloodless finger squeezing the Pause/Stop button for all it's worth (it's worth crap)

The price of the EVO II in 01/2020 was higher than the price of the Mavic 2 pro. So i don't expect that the EVO 3 in the base version will be significantlly cheaper than the DJI Mavic 3. It will be 2000-2500 USD/EUR.
I was waiting since begining of 2020 for a drone. When the EVO II was out there were first rumors of the DJI Mavic 3, therefore i waited with buying a drone (then DJI published the Air 2s and Mini 2!!!), but now i was fed up with waiting, On weekend i cklicked the ,,buy-button'' in the DJI store. Delivery of my Mavic 3 is announced on 12/11/2021. But Autel is not out for me. I plan to buy a additional Mini 2/3 or Nano if i want to fly near people or near buildings.

Generally one reason for me to buy now the Mavic 3 and not wait for the EVO III was the uncertainy with delivery difficulties of electronics. In my opinion there is no improvement in sight, so we don't will see a EVO in 2021. Nobody knows what will happen in 2022 an whether Autel is/will be affected from this. I want to fly now! And also if you are an Autel-fanboy, you have to admit, that DJI presented a verry good drone. Perhaps Autel will be 2% better but for me it's not worth to wait for this.

Reactions: Kyle
I feel sorry for you, bring caught up in the DJI hype! Autel, for me, is a far better drone company especially in respect to the no geo fencing debate. I cannot afford to lose another customer with a DJI drone because of a glitch with them when getting approval to fly in or near an airport of any kind. Happened twice with my Mavic Pro. I‘ve had Autel ever since.
Too risky to go back to DJI. Interesting that none of the Youtubers espousing the virtues of the Mavic 3 never discuss this. They don’t want to lose their freebies from DJI!

Most "content providers" already know of they have restricted flight areas that affect them, and for those that live and work with that reality have been made aware of Autel (unless they live under a rock, only coming out to fly, then quickly scurrying back under the rock) - I absolutely LOVE my Autel Hardware - V2 E2P / V2 SC, but I'm less than impressed with Autel's development team and delays getting products out. If DJI operated like Autel, the M3 release would have already been pushed back 2 or three times, the Cine Model would be "coming soon" - no date provided and would have tons of features not yet ready, with a vague promise of a FW Update in January... er... uh, okay well that last one IS DJI operating like Autel. Ot highlights the point that releases are often rushed, due to pressing reasons such as beating a competitor to market or getting something out before the holidays.

yes i saw pricing which is why i won't click on the BUY button today. if i can't get at least 15% discount (thru various methods)...i expect to buy mavic 3 later this spring when weather starts to warm up and before my big summer trip. dji care refresh is $250+ and i consider that a must as you mentioned about crashing or losing the drone which would be seriously painful...and this is on par with autel care. also i would like to see what comes with the evo 3. also with dji care refresh you get a 2-year warranty instead of a 1-year warranty. it's day two....and i'm still holding. :)
I'm not quite certain why so much of this Autel Evo 3 Leak thread contains so much about DJI latest model....are people getting confused... anyway, my understanding from the Autel CEO was the updated EVO was only to accommodate the new processor chip as they couldnt get anymore of the current ones, he said there would not be any other changes... true or not who knows....! Cheers.

I'm not quite certain why so much of this Autel Evo 3 Leak thread contains so much about DJI latest model....are people getting confused... anyway, my understanding from the Autel CEO was the updated EVO was only to accommodate the new processor chip as they couldnt get anymore of the current ones, he said there would not be any other changes... true or not who knows....! Cheers.
hehe, i might have thought i read mavic 3 when i saw evo 3. there is no evo 3 so not even sure we talk about it with any specificity. i think there is a m3 leaks thread elsewhere so there i'll go....

I wouldn't hold my breath for a EVOIII for sometime. Some people on here and FB think they are in the know, but unfortunately that's not the case.

agree, imo, the evo 3 is back to the drawing board to redo a few areas in light of recent developments. all of a sudden a target price point of $2,500 for an evo 3 doesn't quite look right. ;)

I feel sorry for you, bring caught up in the DJI hype! Autel, for me, is a far better drone company especially in respect to the no geo fencing debate. I cannot afford to lose another customer with a DJI drone because of a glitch with them when getting approval to fly in or near an airport of any kind. Happened twice with my Mavic Pro. I‘ve had Autel ever since.
Too risky to go back to DJI. Interesting that none of the Youtubers espousing the virtues of the Mavic 3 never discuss this. They don’t want to lose their freebies from DJI!
Geofencing is largely the reason I'm looking beyond DJI. I learned, almost the hard way that for any commercial job you have to test fly the area to make sure, even after applying for "unlock" they really do unlock it. The last job I had I realized on the test flight that they would only allow me to go 150' to the west which barely got to the perimeter of the client's property, though I had ATC clearance for 500meters. So I went back and complained they had not unlocked my drones properly. When shoot day came, my M2P still only had 150' distance, but my Mini 2 at least could go beyond. Geofencing IMO is a total cluster-f***.

IMO what DJI should do is offer bona fide Part 107 pilots the option of opting out of geofencing altogether, trusting that their skill and knowledge would be sufficient to make sound legal judgements, letting FAA, state and local officials to take care of violators. But no. And yet people are now spending up to $5 for upgraded prosumer drones. I'm really hoping the EVO 3 can tackle the few complaints that have been noted for the EVO2.

unfortunately i think the date is probably closer to 2Q2022 along the lines of may or june.
Given how long I had to wait for my 2 pro, even after the official announcement I would have to agree with your timeline.

Let’s hope for an additional 1k I can get features such as: cruise control and gimbal yaw capabilities like my old Yuneec Typhoon😬

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy