Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO 3 release date yet?

If anyone is still wondering… I asked Autel directly and surprisingly got somewhat direct answers.

1. I asked about firmware/software updates regarding RID and whether they would stand behind their current models (evo 2 pro).

A: “The responsibility will fall to the pilot to purchase a product module before Sep 2023 for any currently existing models. Future products manufactured after Sep 2022 will be equipped with Remote ID, legacy models will not.”

This is unacceptable to me. Skydio has said directly that they can patch this with an update. DJI already has it covered in most cases. I won’t be jumping on board when they tell me it’s my responsibility to buy additional hardware to comply with a law when competing companies are standing behind their customers.

2. I actually asked when Evo 3 was coming out - and I told them I didn’t actually expect an answer but that rumors were abounding.

A: “EVO 3 is not going to come out soon. There are some rumors about a commercially aimed aircraft coming out as well, though like the EVO 3, there is no time line, and I do not expect either to come out this year.”

Now - they say “expect”, but I find that surprisingly strong verbiage coming directly from customer support - even going so far as to say one won’t come out “this year” when I asked if it would be “soon”.

This response put my decision to bed. Besides the fact I NEVER received a call back from Autel when I called customer service, and it took over a month for them to send me an email response to my questions, I cannot believe their answer to the RID question. I’m passing on Autel altogether - and I was excited about joining the community.

I don’t even understand what their plan is to sell drones after September 2022 if they don’t expect Evo 3 to come out this year and they don’t plan on making current models compliant with RID regulations.

I’m glad you guys enjoy the fact these drones are not geofenced, but after talking to a number of DJI users who own their own drone businesses, they have laughed about my geofencing concerns. Most seem to be able to get authorization in minutes if not hours in restricted areas, and if it is more complicated, they have a very wide range of time provided to fly… but that’s just what I’ve been told.

I sincerely hope that this rep was wrong and Autel comes out swinging - but I’m not putting my money on that horse.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmanvm