Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo 2 remote Control antennas? Range?

jcmarceau

Reaction score
One of the major problem of the evo 1 was the weak antennas and it seems that the evo 2 as the exact same remote control. The antennas on my remote control on the evo 1 Broke at the hinge... they literally cracks at the hinge with time ....plastic is flimsy and the pins that holds the antennas at the hinge keeps popping out. This is why i ended up buying the 4hawks antennas sr and the 4hawks od antennas. If i buy the evo 2 i do not want the same problem to happen again with the antennas ....specially at the price i pay ....not cheap. Secondly another problem was the signal strength....no where close to dji occusync. The new evo 2 ...does it compare 100% to occusync? If anybody have the new evo 2 in hand might answer my concerns! If the antennas are stronger made of better plastic and the range is outstanding(At least as good as occusync) ...i might buy the quad!

Last edited:
I get about the same range with the Evo II as I do with my mavic 2 pro. The other day I tested the Evo over a lake and flew out about 3.2 km. Around my hilly neighborhood it's much less. But still comparable. If you are flying LOS it's not an issue. I do get a weak signal voice alert a lot but the graph showing connection strength doesn't seem to warrant an warning. It's just annoying.

The best solution would be to force FCC mode even in countries with CE standards (I know it's not legal).
It would take someone geek who can do it

Buyers of Evo 2 beware.....the antennas are very weak on the remote control also the fan doesn't last in longevity and some rc doesn't charge properly. I just ended up changing mine on my Evo 1 because it as problem charging sometimes and the antennas broke and the fan quit on me. All these problem with the rc have been comments in other treads.?

By the way just talked to Autel for new remote controler and it is the same remote controler for the evo1 and the evo2 just different firmware in the controler....lol will not buy the evo2 that’s for sure

thanks! same here, wont spend 1500+ on a drone that has the same remote as the evo! fan died, very poor range, its excellent that you dont have geofencing, but quality wise you cant even compare it with a mavic! pictures are horrible

Reactions: konoplya

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy