Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo 2 Pro Smokes Mavic 3 Cine…nuff said! 🎙drop. 😂

That's indeed some pretty footage. Probably wouldn't go posting it with that title over at MavicPilots though, lol 😆 Not unless you want to start a war or something 😉

Reactions: quinn karter
I owner of Autel evo 2 pro V1 and Dji Mavic . The camera of the autel is the best but on fly Autel with remote controller box is bad with little wind and the stick of radio ,even keeping the pressure constant on the stick I noticed that the drone has sudden jolts, this does not happen with Mavic. Autel will certainly improve over time. But the night shoot are incredible only for that I not sell it . I am sorry not to find the Autel smartcontroller for sale, unfortunately even if I did find it it would be an unnecessary expense because it is not compatible with the new V2 version and I don't think even for the next series of Autel drones. Before buying the Mavic 3 Cine I await the release of the new Autel Evo 3, sure it will give Mavic 3 a hard time and this time we also hope for the flight.
Today I use for many film and fiction production Autel evo 2 I just wish it would be much more stable and movements proportionate to the movement of the sticks, because it is a drone that deserves a lot

Autel EVO2 Pro is their Crown Jewel , no wonder they dropped its production before they could fix those minor Stupid bugs still there !
From the very beginning I have been asking them to smoothen the Jerky camera as well as drone movements ! !
DJI Mavic Air 2 for $700 has smoother Zoom like from a video camera but here again Autel's Stupid thinking failed them miserably.
We are Videographers and not a Race car drivers slow the drone down to 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 miles per hour speed, bring the camera movement down to 0.04 sensitivity and add a smoother gradual delay that we choose from 0 to 8 seconds and build up speed gradually ( Camera movement )
The firmware 2.7.2.5 the GPS takes awful long time to lock up, I find myself waving the remote up in the air in the hope to get GPS
Don't need your horrible Panoramic stitching, just give us the option to proceed with or without stitching !
Microsoft ICE a free program does wonders for Panoramic stitching , try it yourself !
**--** The Internet is full of scammers, high time you not only download Microsoft's yet another Free " Safety Scanner " Do this on a weekly basis while keeping your Internet safety at " High "
At times I need help with the Drone to Remote orientation so as not to make mistake and had asked for Real Time " A Big Plane picture " on remote to constantly tell me where my drone is facing as appose to my remote to avoid mistakes !

**--** Would I be asking too much if you were to ship me two Micro SD card covers as I have two EVO2 Pro with instructions how to install.
* *-* * They are no more than 6 to 10 cents each mass produced !

Last edited:
Mate, remove that magenta from clouds...Looks odd.
Maybe he isn't a color expert. As a hobbyist, the clouds look fine to me. Every movie I've ever watched always uses different luts and colors. A cloud from one movie never has the same color of that of another movie. Color Grading and all that tech stuff is mostly a matter of opinion. I'm just guessing. Maybe you can elucidate me.

I owner of Autel evo 2 pro V1 and Dji Mavic . The camera of the autel is the best but on fly Autel with remote controller box is bad with little wind and the stick of radio ,even keeping the pressure constant on the stick I noticed that the drone has sudden jolts, this does not happen with Mavic. Autel will certainly improve over time. But the night shoot are incredible only for that I not sell it . I am sorry not to find the Autel smartcontroller for sale, unfortunately even if I did find it it would be an unnecessary expense because it is not compatible with the new V2 version and I don't think even for the next series of Autel drones. Before buying the Mavic 3 Cine I await the release of the new Autel Evo 3, sure it will give Mavic 3 a hard time and this time we also hope for the flight.
Today I use for many film and fiction production Autel evo 2 I just wish it would be much more stable and movements proportionate to the movement of the sticks, because it is a drone that deserves a lot
Good analysis. I love the video from my Autel Evo 2 6k. It's much better than the Mavic 3 in daylight and often low light. Autel just had to work on the Evo2's drone flight performance and camera compensation for drone speed and zoom. The camera system of the EVO2 Pro combined with a Mavic 3 would be the ultimate drone. I can't wait until Autel releases the EVO 3 Pro or whatever they have in mind. I just bought a Mavic 3 and am happier with it because of the drone performance, but disappointed in the camera detail performance. But as a hobbyist, I prefer the Mav 3's drone flight performance. The slightly less image quality is secondary to me compared to the drones extreme flight capabilities. But still, the Mav 3's image quality is nothing to laugh at.

Interesting comparison, and nice to hear many feel the EVO2 6K performs superb.
Although judging from a compressed YouTube isn't starting from a good point.

Is this comparing the M3 standard or the M3 Cine 1TB SSD capturing ProRes footage and properly color graded?
The 1" compared to the MFT sensors will have their differences, although the M3 / M3 Cine is just getting out the gate... and should improve.

I'm very interested in the EVO2 Ent with both 6K and Flir Thermo Dual w 8K RGB. I haven't been overly impressed with the last few crafts released by DJI (M2EAdv), but I do recognize the M3 strengths too.
The EVO2 6K I don't own, and it sounds like a great camera, it may get the final decision... I like the EVO 2 Ent over the EVO 2, I think it offers greater potential & growth. The EVO 3 currently is speculation; the Nano & Lite (4 crafts) haven't made reality after introductions so the EVO3 may not become a reality until the Mavic 4 or some new platform... Inspire 3, P5, etc.

This weekend, I did pickup a M3 FlyMore kit from BestBuy (still unopened)... to examine & play with, intentions are to return and if impressed probably consider the M3 Cine. Finding a EVO 2 6K or EVO 2 Ent for a quick grab to examine isn't available in my area. BestBuy has no restocking fees in my State making evaluations an available option.

It is nice to read several are content & enjoying the EVO2 6K...
Helps sway my decision a bit more to the EVO2 Ent allowing 1 platform to fill 2 needs.

Interesting comparison, and nice to hear many feel the EVO2 6K performs superb.
Although judging from a compressed YouTube isn't starting from a good point.

Is this comparing the M3 standard or the M3 Cine 1TB SSD capturing ProRes footage and properly color graded?
The 1" compared to the MFT sensors will have their differences, although the M3 / M3 Cine is just getting out the gate... and should improve.

I'm very interested in the EVO2 Ent with both 6K and Flir Thermo Dual w 8K RGB. I haven't been overly impressed with the last few crafts released by DJI (M2EAdv), but I do recognize the M3 strengths too.
The EVO2 6K I don't own, and it sounds like a great camera, it may get the final decision... I like the EVO 2 Ent over the EVO 2, I think it offers greater potential & growth. The EVO 3 currently is speculation; the Nano & Lite (4 crafts) haven't made reality after introductions so the EVO3 may not become a reality until the Mavic 4 or some new platform... Inspire 3, P5, etc.

This weekend, I did pickup a M3 FlyMore kit from BestBuy (still unopened)... to examine & play with, intentions are to return and if impressed probably consider the M3 Cine. Finding a EVO 2 6K or EVO 2 Ent for a quick grab to examine isn't available in my area. BestBuy has no restocking fees in my State making evaluations an available option.

It is nice to read several are content & enjoying the EVO2 6K...
Helps sway my decision a bit more to the EVO2 Ent allowing 1 platform to fill 2 needs.
I own the EVO2 6k and the Mav 3. The Image that comes out of the EVO2 6k is much better than the Mav3, except maybe at night, but that is still questionable. I just can't get past the EVO2 6Ks poor flight characteristics and poor interaction between the camera and drone. They don't compensate for what one or the other is doing, like DJI. Autel has the camera hardware advantage and DJI has the Drone hardware and software advantage.

Maybe he isn't a color expert. As a hobbyist, the clouds look fine to me. Every movie I've ever watched always uses different luts and colors. A cloud from one movie never has the same color of that of another movie. Color Grading and all that tech stuff is mostly a matter of opinion. I'm just guessing. Maybe you can elucidate me.
The magenta shift is noticeable to me. But you are absolutely correct that color grading is all over the place in the professional realm. As soon as a main-stream movie or series gets through a few minutes, you can determine the color shift that has been chosen and it's usually not natural. Unless its a documentary or nature oriented subject matter, the color shift is usually not subtle. I generally prefer natural but it does depend on the subject.

For those that are just starting to dabble with color grading, a tip is to work toward something in particular. That is, don't just look at your footage and adjust settings. Compare the look of your footage to other footage that looks good to you. Going back and forth makes it much easier to notice that your footage is too magenta (for example). When you think you are happy with it, close it down and come back to it the next day and do your comparisons again. Many times, your eyes will be more critical after a rest. When you come back and look at it and make your comparisons with fresh eyes and you're happy, call it good .

I own the EVO2 6k and the Mav 3. The Image that comes out of the EVO2 6k is much better than the Mav3, except maybe at night, but that is still questionable. I just can't get past the EVO2 6Ks poor flight characteristics and poor interaction between the camera and drone. They don't compensate for what one or the other is doing, like DJI. Autel has the camera hardware advantage and DJI has the Drone hardware and software advantage.
Hear ya and can appreciate your direct opinions... helps hearing from one with both! I would also agree, the App and craft's flight characteristics lean to the M3.

Although the video from Op to my eyes wasn't my preference... granted it was a compressed YouTube. Several segments looked over processed, little washed or flat & over sharpened... but that's only my opinion. The DR of whites & blacks may not compare to what's available in a MFT sensor, don't know at this stage... but the EVO2's 6K does receive high praise although I think the EV and Dynamic Range should be better on the M3 MFT sensor.

You didn't state, is your M3 a M3 Cine and have you worked much with it's ProRes media yet... curious as to your findings.

I also have both. DJI has, for some time been the model for stable flight control. They have the longest experience, the history, resources, talent and capital.

I agree that slowing camera movements based on zoom levels is smart. Did you know that DJI integrates the vision system (obstacle avoidance cameras) with both the recording camera AND the flight controls? I'm not sure how a production version doesn't yet deliver all the features, autonomous flight and performance they have promised based on R&D and lab testing, but when DJI says it will do "X", they have a history of delivering. Their development and software engineering is light years ahead of Autel. They are just as guilty of blunders, bugs and embarrassing missteps, but the difference is that they have resources. Like 50x the capital, engineering, and infrastructure to address things on a reasonable timeline.

Autel knows they have to surpass, not keep up, and every release of Sutel hardware sets new standards, going well beyond the status quo. Evo 2 stunned the world at release. Moon shot ambitions. Autel is indeed David to DJIs Goliath. If only they had software development and R&D to make it all work, they would be out in front, leading, not fightingto compete. Randal Warnas could have changed things, at least shook up the place. Before Autel can realize these huge ambitions, first they need to sell much more product to make the capital to attain the resources to run out in front. Conundrum. Chicken and egg. Enigma!

My biggest concern since buying Autel is the Nano/Lite consumer drones they are (still) trying to deliver. I knew it. November 20 ship target. It's nearly DECEMBER 20, and I just got an email that "next week for SURE they will be shipping" This has been Autels MO since the XStar. I freaking LOVE my V2 E2P/V2 Smart Controller, but it's a hodgepodge of stuff that works, kinda sorta and frustrating as hell waiting for fixes and updates. They struggle mightily to support ONE SERIES of drone. Now Evo 2, 2 Pro, 2 Dual and 2 Enterprise all have to sit in a holding pattern as they try to sell these other series like the big guys.

Something always has to give when you are the little guys. I wish they were doing better so they could do better. I work in IT for over 4 decades, and know EXACTLY what the challenges are. Bottom line? I like to support the underdog. I simply love AUTEL for their spirit, drive, ideas, products.

But it's more of a gamble as far as expectations. As poorly and bumbled as the Mavic 3 release was - geez what a nightmare from a company that has gotten arrogant with success. At least know it will all come together. Not 6 months from now either. They will release fix after fix after improvement after new feature. On a rolling, relatively fast pace.

The Autel Lite + will almost surely replace my Air 2, By this time next year. Not likely before then.

I also have both. DJI has, for some time been the model for stable flight control. They have the longest experience, the history, resources, talent and capital.

I agree that slowing camera movements based on zoom levels is smart. Did you know that DJI integrates the vision system (obstacle avoidance cameras) with both the recording camera AND the flight controls? I'm not sure how a production version doesn't yet deliver all the features, autonomous flight and performance they have promised based on R&D and lab testing, but when DJI says it will do "X", they have a history of delivering. Their development and software engineering is light years ahead of Autel. They are just as guilty of blunders, bugs and embarrassing missteps, but the difference is that they have resources. Like 50x the capital, engineering, and infrastructure to address things on a reasonable timeline.

Autel knows they have to surpass, not keep up, and every release of Sutel hardware sets new standards, going well beyond the status quo. Evo 2 stunned the world at release. Moon shot ambitions. Autel is indeed David to DJIs Goliath. If only they had software development and R&D to make it all work, they would be out in front, leading, not fightingto compete. Randal Warnas could have changed things, at least shook up the place. Before Autel can realize these huge ambitions, first they need to sell much more product to make the capital to attain the resources to run out in front. Conundrum. Chicken and egg. Enigma!

My biggest concern since buying Autel is the Nano/Lite consumer drones they are (still) trying to deliver. I knew it. November 20 ship target. It's nearly DECEMBER 20, and I just got an email that "next week for SURE they will be shipping" This has been Autels MO since the XStar. I freaking LOVE my V2 E2P/V2 Smart Controller, but it's a hodgepodge of stuff that works, kinda sorta and frustrating as hell waiting for fixes and updates. They struggle mightily to support ONE SERIES of drone. Now Evo 2, 2 Pro, 2 Dual and 2 Enterprise all have to sit in a holding pattern as they try to sell these other series like the big guys.

Something always has to give when you are the little guys. I wish they were doing better so they could do better. I work in IT for over 4 decades, and know EXACTLY what the challenges are. Bottom line? I like to support the underdog. I simply love AUTEL for their spirit, drive, ideas, products.

But it's more of a gamble as far as expectations. As poorly and bumbled as the Mavic 3 release was - geez what a nightmare from a company that has gotten arrogant with success. At least know it will all come together. Not 6 months from now either. They will release fix after fix after improvement after new feature. On a rolling, relatively fast pace.

The Autel Lite + will almost surely replace my Air 2, By this time next year. Not likely before then.
Nice summation & overview... you hit the core on several points and agree. I own a Autel EVO1, and over 18 DJI (Lg to Sm)... and look forward to the EVO2 Ent and Lite+... but waiting to see where things develop. The EVO1 was poorly supported in development and I don't want to invest in EVO2 Ent and have it flatten out in development & improvements. The Lite+ would be a replacement for both A2 and A2S. I not a supporter of DJI Smart Controller, prefer a tablet but the Autel SC v2 looks like a nice setup & screen size.

Well lets see all I can say is by the time the Evo 3 finally comes out there will have been a Mavic 5 .
All I have for now.

Reactions: BlairAir

You know that camera from Lite+ is the same as Evo2Pro, right?

Reactions: BlairAir
You know that camera from Lite+ is the same as Evo2Pro, right?
Why would they have the same camera in the Lite+,it should be better than a drone it is suppose to be replacing.
That would make no sense at all. Or am i looking at it the wrong way,which is possible,would not be the first time.
Or is the Evo3 ,when or if suppose to replace the Evo2Pro when it comes out,that must be it.

I’m just goofing a bit…sharing footage mainly but also saying I much prefer my Evo over Cine for many reasons.
Excellent footage atortaloha! and here is a cliped version digitally painted... Several hours to create.

Attachments

• Chicago-_sgfsprz - Copy.jpg
    Chicago-_sgfsprz - Copy.jpg
    975.9 KB · Views: 6

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GLOBODRONE