Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO 2 Pro Or Mavic 2 Pro I Can Only Choose One!

He has a good point, which is that his particular M2P has seen a lot of use and the model has been around for a bit whilst the Evo 2 is new. DJI must be burning the midnight oil to come up with a ‘gob stopper’. Let’s hope they don’t rush out a Mavic 3 Pro that—like the Mavic Air 2–appears to have been released before it was ready.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gshots and Ram
He has a good point, which is that his particular M2P has seen a lot of use and the model has been around for a bit whilst the Evo 2 is new. DJI must be burning the midnight oil to come up with a ‘go stopper’. Let’s hope they don’t rush out a Mavic 3 Pro that—like the Mavic Air 2–appears to have been released before it was ready.

It seems that all the companies rush them out, Autel sure did with the E2s.

Yes, and it seems to me, as I see it, that the bird is not yet ripe.
For that, I am still waiting a few months to see what it will give exactly.
In the meantime, I took over a ripe bird, a Mavic 2 pro to spend my vacation right now, keeping company with the Evo 1. What happiness, with the very smooth Litchi missions.

Reactions: parkgt
Yes, and it seems to me, as I see it, that the bird is not yet ripe.
For that, I am still waiting a few months to see what it will give exactly.
In the meantime, I took over a ripe bird, a Mavic 2 pro to spend my vacation right now, keeping company with the Evo 1. What happiness, with the very smooth Litchi missions.
M2s are still the most versatile folding drones made. May not lead in all areas, but still hard to beat overall.

Autel did not rush out the EVO II. I saw them back in January and covid-19 just held up production. They also had a few delays for various reasons. If it is between a Mavic 2 Pro and a Evo II, the Evo II blows away the Mavic 2 in every area. Just watch some of the reviews on youtube

• Haha
Reactions: Ram and PingSpike
Autel did not rush out the EVO II. I saw them back in January and covid-19 just held up production. They also had a few delays for various reasons. If it is between a Mavic 2 Pro and a Evo II, the Evo II blows away the Mavic 2 in every area. Just watch some of the reviews on youtube

How is the 10 bit working for you?
How about programming the back buttons?
How about waypoint missions?
How about the tilted horizons?
How about the Mickey Mouse controller?
Which is smoother flying?

The E2 has some great features but to say it blows away a Mavic 2 "in every area" shows you don't know much about the M2P.

Obviously I just voiced my opinion. But I do know a ton about the Mavic 2. I personally have the Pro 2, the Pro 2 Zoom, and the Pro 2 Dual. I also work with the local FBI and several local PD's with regards to UAV training for the officers and helping them maintain their fleet. As of last week, I know of at least 10 police departments that are dumping their Mavic 2's in favor of the Autel Evo II.

I agree the remote is not great but its better than the DJI remote and has a real display. I agree the Evo II remote feels cheap, but it does work and does provide video and the option to fly without a phone if needed.

I'll even add that if you really want a Mavic 2 Pro, PM me as I know where they can be had new for 40% off.

The E2 has some great features but to say it blows away a Mavic 2 "in every area" shows you don't know much about the M2P.

Obviously I just voiced my opinion. But I do know a ton about the Mavic 2. I personally have the Pro 2, the Pro 2 Zoom, and the Pro 2 Dual. I also work with the local FBI and several local PD's with regards to UAV training for the officers and helping them maintain their fleet. As of last week, I know of at least 10 police departments that are dumping their Mavic 2's in favor of the Autel Evo II.

I agree the remote is not great but its better than the DJI remote and has a real display. I agree the Evo II remote feels cheap, but it does work and does provide video and the option to fly without a phone if needed.

I'll even add that if you really want a Mavic 2 Pro, PM me as I know where they can be had new for 40% off.
I wouldn’t mind, but I’m in Oz. Still have my Evo 1, but batteries are not available here and are difficult to import by air because of Australian restrictions on carriage of LiPos. Yet you can ship a drone with two batteries as part of a kit. Doesn’t make sense to me, but...

It doesn't matter who is dumping what for what. Your assertion that the E2 blows the M2s away in every area is false, whether you want to call that an opinion or not.

I hope Autel addresses the E2's current shortcomings and it becomes the "Pro" drone it should be. Otherwise I will be disappointed with a rather expensive purchase.

I've never flown Autel. I have a M2P, but was looking for something better. After lurking these forums, and looking at a bunch of reviews..gotta stick with my M2P/smartcontroller/feelworld 7'in monitor combo. hard to beat. I'm hoping Autel brings the heat. DJI is a little too comfortable at the plate. they need a little "chin music", if you get my meaning..

they need a little "chin music", if you get my meaning..

743fdea8c98db45cac85292148e2e1df858d9668_hq.jpg

?

looks like 10 bit is finally here
does mavic have programmable hard buttons? couldn't find it on my mini...
waypoints work at least in simple cases. haven't tested it much, but I definitely will
you can adjust camera's all three axes, horizon including. besides, I think, there is cam's calibration
controller.. it depends. I have used so many of them that even this one feels comfortable when I'm pinching or thumbing. ;)
flying with OA in the woods is a pain in the back, for sure. how smooth it flies actually doesn't matter much as long as camera is stable. Camera is the main reason I bough it. As of today the best in class, and I need the highest possible quality I can afford.

Which one to buy? For hobbist I'd recommend the one you like. :) Have Mavic Mini and I like it too.

I agree that the Mavic 2 PRO Hasselbad is a very good drone even though it has a rolling shutter camera .
I dont have a Autel EVO II yet but it seems like I have to stay of with my Mavic 2 PRO if the EVO II doesn't have some firmware updates coming within the next few weeks.. It looks like the EVO II PRO is not a smooth flyer. Simply having a 6K camera 1 "doesn't make a difference much..

Really hate the back and forth about my drone is better than your drone arguments.
The best drone is the one you use to get the job done. Period.
I have loads of DJI drones, never went for the M2 line. Hassleblad video is soft. Saw that right out of the gate. DJI said is wasn't, and that is far from the truth.(Pro model) Fanbois defended it right away. When you can't see reality when it is all over youtube, there is something wrong. When the first videos came out from the 8k Evo II, I was NOT impressed. They were soft, but it seems that Autel found the problem and fixed it. Autel Evo I and now Evo II Pro has very, very sharp video, and no NFZ enforcement.
Sure, you can sharpen any video in post, but you can't gain something you don't have in the first place, only minimize the non-sharp. I didn't want to deal with that.
No, the Evo I and II do not fly near as silky smooth as DJI...not by a long shot in normal flying modes.
No, the EVO RC's are not the best, but adequate I guess. The built in OLED screen is great. The ergonomics are not so great.
Yes the flight time on the Evo II Pro is fantastic.

IMO does the Evo II Pro blow away the M2 Pro? No, but is it better? Yes, feature wise. There is plenty of room for both, and anyone who gives DJI competition WITHOUT NFZ enforcement and has an excellent camera gets my money. Lets see what DJI comes out with the M3 line. Don't know if spec wise it will be better than the Evo II Pro, but it will definetly still have DJI NFZ on it. Deal breaker for me, no matter how great it is.

Last edited:
The best would be Mavic 2 PRO Hasselbad becos there are many mods available for the Mavic including battery mod, long distance flights and third party IR cameras from few manufacturers with adjustable mounts.
If you are new to Drones stick to AUTEL EVO II for the superb 6K resolution even if you are not using thi for a video review as you require a PC with minimum 16 - 32 GB RAM . But as a pilot you will be frustrated with the Autel EVO II ride !

Really hate the back and forth about my drone is better than your drone arguments.
The best drone is the one you use to get the job done. Period.
I have loads of DJI drones, never went for the M2 line. Hassleblad video is soft. Saw that right out of the gate. DJI said is wasn't, and that is far from the truth.(Pro model) Fanbois defended it right away. When you can't see reality when it is all over youtube, there is something wrong. When the first videos came out from the 8k Evo II, I was NOT impressed. They were soft, but it seems that Autel found the problem and fixed it. Autel Evo I and now Evo II Pro has very, very sharp video, and no NFZ enforcement.
Sure, you can sharpen any video in post, but you can't gain something you don't have in the first place, only minimize the non-sharp. I didn't want to deal with that.
No, the Evo I and II do not fly near as silky smooth as DJI...not by a long shot in normal flying modes.
No, the EVO RC's are not the best, but adequate I guess. The built in OLED screen is great. The ergonomics are not so great.
Yes the flight time on the Evo II Pro is fantastic.

IMO does the Evo II Pro blow away the M2 Pro? No, but is it better? Yes, feature wise. There is plenty of room for both, and anyone who gives DJI competition WITHOUT NFZ enforcement and has an excellent camera gets my money. Lets see what DJI comes out with the M3 line. Don't know if spec wise it will be better than the Evo II Pro, but it will definetly still have DJI NFZ on it. Deal breaker for me, no matter how great it is.

I definitely have to disagree with you about the EVO 2 camera being better then the Mavic 2 Pro. I also don't agree that this is a subjective opinion. I work as a commercial videographer, and in order for my work to be accepted it has to meet a certain threshold of quality or else it gets kicked back. When I was using my DJI Mavic 2 Pro, I hardly ever got kick backs for technical quality reasons. However, since I've switched over to a EVO 2, I would say it's become a struggle on almost every project to massage the output from the EVO 2 8k camera into acceptable commercial quality even for 4k, let alone any higher resolution.

I am eagerly awaiting my 6k pro camera order to be fulfilled so that I can see if the EVO 2 drone will be saved, or if I will be selling it and going back to my old platform.

Reactions: SeanCC
Read again. I said Evo II Pro. That is the 6k camera, 1 inch sensor. Not comparing the 8K sensor to a 1". Not a straight comparison between the M2 and the 8K, as you have found out. I think you will like the 6K.

Reactions: RichS
Read again. I said Evo II Pro. That is the 6k camera, 1 inch sensor. Not comparing the 8K sensor to a 1". Not a straight comparison between the M2 and the 8K, as you have found out. I think you will like the 6K.

Oh, thanks for correcting me. My apologies for not reading correctly. THat's also why I made sure to write 8k camera on mine, just in case you were talking about a different camera...
That is encouraging that you are speaking positive about the 6k camera. I really hope that its a big difference, because I REALLY want to like the evo drone. I bought it to get away from DJI, and I like a lot of things about this drone, and I'm trying hard to stick it out. But some things like the camera quality are areas where I just don't have a lot of flexibility on, due to what I said above....

Can you post some examples of the 6k camera that i could look at?

[QUOTE = "piperz, publicación: 56491, miembro: 4854"]
Oh, gracias por corregirme. Mis disculpas por no leer correctamente. Por eso también me aseguré de escribir una cámara de 8k en la mía, en caso de que estuvieras hablando de una cámara diferente ...
Es alentador que esté hablando de manera positiva sobre la cámara 6k. Realmente espero que sea una gran diferencia, porque REALMENTE quiero que me guste el dron evo. Lo compré para alejarme de DJI, y me gustan muchas cosas de este dron, y estoy tratando de mantenerlo. Pero algunas cosas como la calidad de la cámara son áreas en las que simplemente no tengo mucha flexibilidad, debido a lo que dije anteriormente ...

¿Puedes publicar algunos ejemplos de la cámara 6k que podría ver?
[/ CITAR]

Last edited:

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chen