Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo 2 Pro h.265

Status
Not open for further replies.

NilsBlix

Reaction score
Trying out the different settings for my Evo 2 Pro, but ran into a major problem. h.265 files from Evo2 pro is not compatible with FCP X !!!
( workaround is to open them in VLC and then store them as h.264 )

Mavic 2 Pro h.265 is fully compatible with FCP X

Last edited:
When I opened one up today I had to download a new codec to view it with any windows player but VLC had no problem other then my computer being pretty slow.

Open on Adobe Premiere CC and no reading problems.

Mp4 h265 was well with my pc was very sluggish but mov files with h265 were fine

There’s a thread going on in the Evo II section saying how there is no h265 10 bit footage available.

What's wrong with recording in h.264 then? One step less.
There is nothing wrong with recording h.264 - but there is a serious " bug " with the h.265 Evo 2 Pro files. They can simply not be read by Apple Fcp X or Apple Compressor or Apple Quicktime. My intention for recording h.265 was to achieve 10 bit color depth.

There is nothing wrong with recording h.264 - but there is a serious " bug " with the h.265 Evo 2 Pro files. They can simply not be read by Apple Fcp X or Apple Compressor or Apple Quicktime. My intention for recording h.265 was to achieve 10 bit color depth.

I get you, mate. But since EVO II can't record 10-bit colordepth at all, you can stay with h.264 for the time being. By the time they fix it (If they ever will), you'd better convert the files to something less lossy like dnxhr for editing - your software will most likely do that anyway (but i don't know the apple stuff, so you got to check that for yourself)

I get you, mate. But since EVO II can't record 10-bit colordepth at all, you can stay with h.264 for the time being. By the time they fix it (If they ever will), you'd better convert the files to something less lossy like dnxhr for editing - your software will most likely do that anyway (but i don't know the apple stuff, so you got to check that for yourself)
Well there is split opinions wether the Evo 2 can actually record 10 bit, but I wanted to check by my self - hence I discovered this flaw. I am used to record h.265 d- log and grade with FCp X and Color Finale. At the moment I am comparing my Mavic 2 Pro against the Evo 2 Pro.

(For your information my FCP X converts automatically to ProRes for editing)

BHphoto was advertising the 10bit, so I followed up. They basically just referred it back to Autel. Regardless, they're still advertising "Support for 10-bit A-LOG"
Screenshot_20200518-215027_Gallery.jpg
This is garbage.

There are currently various threads talking about the same 10bit topic. So it's easier for later comers to find info on it, I will ask all of you to please keep it on the thread below. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacqueslambert