Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO 2 Pro Ent Gimbal adjustments

Martyc6

Reaction score
All I'm having a little issue, when I start video and pan around the Level of the gimbal (horizon) seems to drift off then back again very slowly, and sometimes it will not recover.
Do you think i need to adjust the Gimbal sensitivity? I calibrate the gimbal almost every flight and get the same result.
What do you think?

That sounds like a bad gimbal. I assume you already ran the gimbal calibration (not that it's likely to help)? I'd contact support on that one first thing.

Reactions: Martyc6
@Blade Strike and @advexure
Below is my issue, this was happening before the latest Firmware up date, I tried to do a "Gimbal Automatic Calibration" still the same issue. as well as Adjusted the Gimbal Pitch EXP Sensitivity knowing it would have no change with the Roll issue I'm having. I did a Compass and IMU Calibration with no change.
Below is a link to 2 videos, one is a screen recording and the other is the Video from the SD card.
Gimbal issue videos
1636214429309.png

Last edited:
Marty, does the gimbal display the same dipping if you pan at a more appropriate (slower) speed? You would never pan that quickly for usable footage, IMHO.
Added 2 more Videos to the folder that shows the issues, Its the same for Still images also, I have to adjust in post, which is not a show ending thing for Still imagery but for Videos its a pain waiting for the Gimbal to settle every time I change direction no matter how fast I Turn around around.

I will call into @advexure in a little while when the tech support starts work.

It does look like the roll motor is a little weak. But even in the last video, you start off slow and ramp up speed pretty quickly. The only time I pan that quickly is just changing direction, not filming. I will try and get mine up today for comparison but it's supposed to be raining. The "rule of thumb" for cinema panning is to take 7 seconds to completely move across the field of view.

It does look like the roll motor is a little weak. But even in the last video, you start off slow and ramp up speed pretty quickly. The only time I pan that quickly is just changing direction, not filming. I will try and get mine up today for comparrison but it's supposed to be raining.
I will get out and get a slower Video to demonstrate the issue at a very slow speed.
The issue is when changing direction with any other Aircraft (Blade qx 350, to my DJI Spark, to the Mavic 2 Pro) I did not have this issue in the least.

I'm trying to get this to work so I can go out and do some work and not have to struggle with waiting for the Gimbal to settle every time I change directions.

~Marty

I will get out and get a slower Video to demonstrate the issue at a very slow speed.
The issue is when changing direction with any other Aircraft (Blade qx 350, to my DJI Spark, to the Mavic 2 Pro) I did not have this issue in the least.

I'm trying to get this to work so I can go out and do some work and not have to struggle with waiting for the Gimbal to settle every time I change directions.

~Marty

It does look like the roll motor is a little weak. But even in the last video, you start off slow and ramp up speed pretty quickly. The only time I pan that quickly is just changing direction, not filming. I will try and get mine up today for comparison but it's supposed to be raining. The "rule of thumb" for cinema panning is to take 7 seconds to completely move across the field of view.
@Dave Pitman
Looks like if I yaw left it stays flat if I yaw right the gimbal rolls left, I got some really slow video up showing that.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MountainDroneTN