Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo 2 Dual. My first ever drone (already making mods)

10 days ago, my very first time taking any drone into the air.

Congratulations on your 1st drone and you could not of made a better choice than the EVO 2! Also, congratulations on your 1st flight!!! Welcome to "Now your really hooked!" club!? Great videos. Thanks for sharing your info and your experiences with it so far. Get your 107 cert for the legalities. Safe flying!

Now the drone sits at the same height in the case.

3KZaHwH.jpg
If you plan to attach something to that black velcro on the top, then it will (partially) cover the GPS antenna (placed right in front of black 'bump'). Better move it bit forward.

PS: new low noise props would be nice to have too

If you plan to attach something to that black velcro on the top, then it will (partially) cover the GPS antenna (placed right in front of black 'bump'). Better move it bit forward.

PS: new low noise props would be nice to have too
Good to know, That is for the lume cube strobe light.

In the short time Ive had this drone Ive learned a lot about accidental button pushes with a fat fingers. So I fired up the CAD station and designed some bumpers to keep unintentional button pushes to a minimum. I made 2 for the bottom of the controller and one for the power switch for the alientech signal booster. A little 3M VHB tape and they are secure.

gz17xi6.jpg

sOgQEAd.jpg

jFpQrSB.jpg

HvEXNSM.jpg

are you really having trouble with the power button on the Alientech? it's a double press and hold and I almost never accidentally trigger it (unlike the AB buttons). the life on the Alientech is long and the batteries are replaceable so I don't think there is a huge need to protect that button. I see you take the antenna on and off to remove it and store it in the case during transport. honestly, I haven't figured out how to do that so mine is attached rather semi-permanently. I probably should look into it; thanks for the pic.

have you seen the lifthor or skyfire mounts for the remote controller? sounds like something you would be interested in.

Reactions: TSL
Good Day TSL would be able to make be set of the extended legs and a set button guards for a cost of course also?
They look great ! Awesome idea. Please let me know, My EVO 2 Pro is on its way to my house this week.

Also how well does your range extender work? Do you recommend it?
I have the alientech as do many others who will comment and it works very well. the biggest advantage is the solid connectivity at an extended range. when you are flying out at long distances and your drone is far far away, you feel confident you'll keep that connection if you need to turn in the other direction away from your home point; it's solid and it's reliable!

Also how well does your range extender work? Do you recommend it?

I don't have the Alien tech, but I do have the 4Hawks SR and I have traveled 3 miles out one way, without one dropped frame! Absolute Rock solid connection! I I could have gone much further, but I am not into distance flying and just wanted to experience firsthand on the reliability. I need a signal that will penetrate through the noise of a urban area, or any uncommonalities along the way. The 4Hawks are not powered/amplified, whereas Alien tech are. You can get two different styles of the Alien...2.4 and 2.4 - 5. If I was going to purchase them I would purchase the Dual band for future purchase proof use. Just a thought. Correct me if I'm wrong guys, but I think 4Hawks and Alien are about $100 apart.?You will definitely get stronger penetration and longer distance with amplified signals. I cannot truly speak to using the alien Tech but have read and seen many articles and videos. Both products are great! Anyone in this hobby/profession will tell you, it's not about what products you buy, it's about what you use it for. I haven't tried a soil tiller behind a tractor to cut the greens on a golf course just yet, and, although it might work, ? I'm not sure it would work as well as the product designed for golf courses specifically. If you've got the money and really want them, go for the alien Tech. Once you modify the controller, and need it for quick flights without hooking the alien Tech up, you can throw some whip antennas on. They have both styles, quick connect and screw-ons. Waldo-Pepper was ever so kind as to help me all of them and to understand them a bit. (?KUDOS!?) I amazed myself the other day after installing the .18 firmware. I took it outside for a quick test flight and after all the calibrations and launching it and doing a hover inspection, and to my pleasant surprise, I flew out almost 900 ft away from me before I realized I had no antennas nor the range extender connected to the remote! ?. All of a sudden I lost connection. I was confident in the ability that it would RTH, which it did flawlessly. I did find that with stock antennas I was not able to even achieve 2,000 ft. In an environment which I would normally fly in. That was my choice for getting this type of product. Hope any of this helps.

Top infor strip on right side is the distance. That was a beautiful flight!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201010-040724.png
    Screenshot_20201010-040724.png
    316.2 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
I don't have the Alien tech, but I do have the 4Hawks SR and I have traveled 3 miles out one way, without one dropped frame! Absolute Rock solid connection! I I could have gone much further, but I am not into distance flying and just wanted to experience firsthand on the reliability. I need a signal that will penetrate through the noise of a urban area, or any uncommonalities along the way. The 4Hawks are not powered/amplified, whereas Alien tech are. You can get two different styles of the Alien...2.4 and 2.4 - 5. If I was going to purchase them I would purchase the Dual band for future purchase proof use. Just a thought. Correct me if I'm wrong guys, but I think 4Hawks and Alien are about $100 apart.?You will definitely get stronger penetration and longer distance with amplified signals. I cannot truly speak to using the alien Tech but have read and seen many articles and videos. Both products are great! Anyone in this hobby/profession will tell you, it's not about what products you buy, it's about what you use it for. I haven't tried a soil tiller behind a tractor to cut the greens on a golf course just yet, and, although it might work, ? I'm not sure it would work as well as the product designed for golf courses specifically. If you've got the money and really want them, go for the alien Tech. Once you modify the controller, and need it for quick flights without hooking the alien Tech up, you can throw some whip antennas on. They have both styles, quick connect and screw-ons. Waldo-Pepper was ever so kind as to help me all of them and to understand them a bit. (?KUDOS!?) I amazed myself the other day after installing the .18 firmware. I took it outside for a quick test flight and after all the calibrations and launching it and doing a hover inspection, and to my pleasant surprise, I flew out almost 900 ft away from me before I realized I had no antennas nor the range extender connected to the remote! ?. All of a sudden I lost connection. I was confident in the ability that it would RTH, which it did flawlessly. I did find that with stock antennas I was not able to even achieve 2,000 ft. In an environment which I would normally fly in. That was my choice for getting this type of product. Hope any of this helps.

Top infor strip on right side is the distance. That was a beautiful flight!
Thank you for the information. I believe I will get it done also.

Reactions: MNT DRONE SOLUTIONS
Great write-ups fellow E2P pilot!
Where that velco for the light is might interfere with the GPS as said above. I velcro a Marco TX unit up on the hump behind it.

Thank you for the information. I believe I will get it done also.
Well I made the leap and got the 4hawks SR. I only need a day without so much wind and is above 45 degrees and it stops snowing to take it out for a brief flight up hear in the north east. Thanks for the great advise about the soil tiller going to try it on my local course to see if they notice it or if I will get arrested. LOL

I always find it disgusting and disheartening when hobbyists display/ show their designs but refuse to share them. I started using CAD over a decade ago to design parts for my race car and I adopted 3D printing not long after that. I not only openly share my designs with other drivers I compete against, I've helped several of them design their own parts....and there is money on the line at these events. I've done the same with RC car parts as well as button boxes / dashboards I have made for sim racing. Guess what; It hasn't killed me and I'm not starving.
At the end of the day if you are seeking that kind of gratification in your hobbies you need to find what part of your life is lacking!

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58