Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO 2 Distance Limit too short

RescUAV

Reaction score
New to Autel and the EVO 2, have found out the Distance Limit maximum setting is 500m. For some flights and missions this is too short so the only way around it is to turn it off. This defeats a safety setting that has more flexibility in the DJI world.

Anyone have a work around to extend the Distance Limit?

New to Autel and the EVO 2, have found out the Distance Limit maximum setting is 500m. For some flights and missions this is too short so the only way around it is to turn it off. This defeats a safety setting that has more flexibility in the DJI world.

I have never heard of a distance limit except in certain modes like beginner modes, is this a non USA model? The range on my EVO II is only limited by battery life.

Herein2021, this is a USA model and the range is not a problem when the Distance Limit is switched off but when activated it has that short maximum.
My previous experience on other platforms allowed me to set a much longer maximum distance and was hoping I could do the same with the EVO 2.

i haven't notice this. sounds like this "feature" is available for those that intent to maintain vlos and want to do everything possible not to inadvertently fly bvlos.

or lets say you are in a large park that is 2 miles wide and you are at the center and you don't want your drone to leave the park.

therefore i don't see anything more practical beyond 500m, is there another example? correct me if i am wrong but is this a limit placed on the drone while connected or will this limit upload into the drone and then prevent it from flying off in case of a disconnect/flyaway, where applicable.

if i flew near a military base which is 800m away, i would love to set a limit of 800m to ensure my non-geo drone doesn't end up in restricted airspace.

Reactions: ethelsnakes
Turn distance OFF

Concur, on my EVO 2s I have the distance limit disabled in the app, likewise have beginner mode disabled. I have enabled it in the past when in a NFZ with a 107.41 COA and the limit worked ok. Have also worked around the limit when needed by moving take off/landing/rth location to be closer to where I needed to fly and get more effective max distance while maintaining VLOS.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials