Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo 1 or evo 2. Transmission and distance which is better

Herman679

Reaction score
I have the evo 1 one ,want to get the evo 2 is it worth it for the distance and transmission versus the money,

If you are planning to spend $1,500 USD to go an extra kilometer, then it is not. If you are interested in a better camera, obstacle avoidance, longer flight time; then yes.

Reactions: strdr and Herman679
anyone do a wattage reading on the rf output of the radio yet?

the stock evo1 will travel "one way" a bit more than 20,000-25000 feet from you (no wind) , on the stock antennas, this will fully drain the battery and auto land way out there, so 10,000 feet is a better range limit on a battery pack. this way you can make it home safely and not destroy the battery
5280 feet in a mile so do the math..

the high gain antenna is better, but the batteries cant out perform the stock set up. unless your in high noise area or at a low azimuth angle, then you want high gain

Last edited:
That range has to be in a completely flat area like the ocean or fields with minimal trees, houses etc. I’m not getting anywhere near that range. So either I’m doing something incorrectly or my Evo is broken...

That range has to be in a completely flat area like the ocean or fields with minimal trees, houses etc. I’m not getting anywhere near that range. So either I’m doing something incorrectly or my Evo is broken...
try flying at 400 feet and do a long range test.. you might be in a high RF area, lots of wifi, cell towers, sky scrapers???
you should get 2 miles at 400-1000ft within LOS

try flying at 400 feet and do a long range test.. you might be in a high RF area, lots of wifi, cell towers, sky scrapers???
you should get 2 miles at 400-1000ft within LOS
So not sure about RF interference but I flew my Evo 1 @ 375-385 Ft altitude & only got to 1800 ft distance before video quit & it turned around to come home!! There are some pretty high trees near me so it wasn’t in LOS but still thought it’d go further than that !! Is there a setting or something to help go further? I thought these drones were supposed to go a lot farther than this??? Here’s a screenshot of the phone running the Autel app!!!

Attachments

• 4EF210D6-154A-48C4-B896-A6C483FC0723.png
    4EF210D6-154A-48C4-B896-A6C483FC0723.png
    7.7 MB · Views: 14
yes trees will kill your LOS rf reception on 2.4ghz.. always stay in eye shot and keep your antennas upright, perpendicular to the ground your standing on, so your in correct polarization to the evos antennas

from that picture it seems your surrounded by a lot of houses, , thier wifi might be stepping on you too.

Didn’t know the drones are that sensitive to WiFi from other houses but I guess it makes sense. There are a lot of big trees that do block los!

in the menu screen you can see the interference in the area your flying.. under image transmission

Flyingfool, Sorry if I sound like an idiot but where in the image are you referring to? Do you mean the Video signal weak warning? Again sorry but other than that I don’t see anything.

thx,
E

Never mind I think I found it. I didn’t read your message correctly. I’ll have to look at that next time I fly. So if I’m understanding it correctly anything showing up red inter image transmission would be no good. Will it show other signals besides just mine??
Thx,
E

i;m not positive i believe it shows the interference around your signal, and shows your tx sig, jumping around. it should give an idea of the noise floor around you. test it out in high rf area, then check it, when your in the middle of nowhere no cells, wifi noise around . then you'll get an idea of how it works. you gould also buy a 2.4 signal jammer and watch what it does..

in general the higher your altitude the better your range, when flying LOS

Reactions: ebphoto

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GLOBODRONE