Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo 1 or evo 2 to buy

Jack-Bot 110

Reaction score
It has been a long time since I posted, been busy with life and then we had the virus appear on the scene.

Now that life has calmed down and I have more time I started looking at autel evo drones again. The evo 1 has mostly been phased out I see with sales on parts but the Evo 2 is way more expensive then I expected it to be.

Found that there are a few deals for the evo 1 still available but wondering if it might be better to wait for a sale for the evo 2.

Is the evo 2 that much better then the evo 1 to justify the price ? Is the evo 1 still a good buy ?

Note this will be my first drone, no pilot experience at all.

fwiw, I was set on either the P4IIpro or EVpro6k (which I bought)
BUT, I bought 2 hubsan 501S 1st, (trainer drone), learned to fly, learned to crash, learned "what normal is". once I was comfortable as a pilot, that could also film, then I bought the pricey drone

The biggest problem I see with the Evo 1 is finding batteries. I was only offered refurbs (my dime) from Autel after three of mine went bad a little after a year and only 35 flights on them.

Reactions: taike
Well A few days ago I decided to buy the Evo 1, found a good deal for an “on the go” bundle and felt that it was right time to do so or I might regret not doing so. Glad I did as now they are sold out of that bundle, kept checking it after my order was placed and it had “sold out” today so they possibly only had 2 left as it still had atleast one other before today.

Going to buy the rugged case, propeller guards, and some extra batteries today now that my drone is actually here as it arrived yesterday.

Well A few days ago I decided to buy the Evo 1, found a good deal for an “on the go” bundle and felt that it was right time to do so or I might regret not doing so. Glad I did as now they are sold out of that bundle, kept checking it after my order was placed and it had “sold out” today so they possibly only had 2 left as it still had atleast one other before today.

Going to buy the rugged case, propeller guards, and some extra batteries today now that my drone is actually here as it arrived yesterday.
Get some ND filters or props in your shots will drive you nuts. I got an ND16 and ND32 and try to keep the aperature at 2X the frame rate, i.e. 30fps = 1/60 or 60fps = 1/120. There are other work arounds like tilt the camera down 10 degrees or fly real slow but aren't really practical.

Picking up the Freewell ND33 filter from B&H photo video along with a hardcase

Getting 2 more batteries, the propeller guards, and the evo battery charging hub from Autel.

Think I have what I need, and glad I went with the Evo 1, the 2’s accessories are very expensive and yes I know it is brand new and they need to compete with DJI but I do not have money for all that right now.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d