Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO 1 Controller Compatibility with EVO 2

resq3129

Reaction score
I was wondering if I just wanted to purchase a EVO 2 drone (without a remote) can I use the remote from my EVO 1 instead of carrying 2 remotes around? The EVO 1 is about 1 and a half years old. Would love to find a place that would just sell the EVO 2 drone if the above would work. Thank you!

They do not despite looking the exact same. Not sure if it has different internals at all but they seem to run different firmware builds at a minimum and potentially different internal boards.

There is a way to use an Evo 2 controller to fly an Evo 1. There is a video on either the Autel site or Youtube. It isn't complicated but I believe you have do the procedure for every flight. The video said you cannot use an Evo 1 controller to fly an Evo2.

Yes you can use a 2 to control 1, but not the other way around, even the 2 to 1 has problems, locked up my compass calibration on the 2, had to reinstall firmware, not tried since as no point.. different boards inside. Ta

Reactions: Dondidon
Yes you can use a 2 to control 1, but not the other way around, even the 2 to 1 has problems, locked up my compass calibration on the 2, had to reinstall firmware, not tried since as no point.. different boards inside. Ta
Thanks for the info. I only have the one and if I Ever get a 2, I'll stick with its controller. I don't need any more technical difficulty. Be safe.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RonalsBerigon310