Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Error reading sd card

Bobbydiggs

Reaction score
Hello,

I saw this issue with the nano series but not with the evo 2 on here so I’m hoping someone can give me feedback. My evo 2 pro was purchased online and upon arrival I did not have an sd card that would work with it (I thought) so I didn’t get a chance to test it within return time frame (Best Buy). Once I ordered what I thought was the right card I found that the bird could not read or find the card at all. Has anyone ran into this? If so was their problem fixed with a specific card or was it a hardware issue out of the box? I don’t have mine with me and will update later when I’m Home but what cards are you using with no problems? I fly for the joy of flying and occasionally the pictures so it’s mostly a disappointment to not get the updates done for new features. Currently it seems to be updated on the controller and not the bird so I can fly normally via prior fw and even select newer options they just will not perform or allow selection of for example the pano option

Thank you

Hello,

I saw this issue with the nano series but not with the evo 2 on here so I’m hoping someone can give me feedback. My evo 2 pro was purchased online and upon arrival I did not have an sd card that would work with it (I thought) so I didn’t get a chance to test it within return time frame (Best Buy). Once I ordered what I thought was the right card I found that the bird could not read or find the card at all. Has anyone ran into this? If so was their problem fixed with a specific card or was it a hardware issue out of the box? I don’t have mine with me and will update later when I’m Home but what cards are you using with no problems? I fly for the joy of flying and occasionally the pictures so it’s mostly a disappointment to not get the updates done for new features. Currently it seems to be updated on the controller and not the bird so I can fly normally via prior fw and even select newer options they just will not perform or allow selection of for example the pano option

Thank you

My first question would be what microSD card are you using? The only brand I use for all of my cameras are the Sandisk Extreme Pro series cards. The next question is how did you format the card? I recommend formatting the card in the EVO and trying again. Also, can the card be read by your computer? Try formatting the card in your computer and copying a file to it; it could be a bad card.

Also, I have had a few problems occasionally where it would not read a working card and I just had to power down the EVO and reinsert it...speaking of which, make sure it is fully inserted until it locks into the microSD port on the EVO.

Can you take pictures/video and store them on the onboard storage of the EVO? That would at least test saving and reading data on the EVO.

You need a legit V30 MicroSD card. There are a lot of counterfeits. The Evo II also needs to see Android formatting; Windows-formatted card won't be recognized. If you have an Android phone with a MicroSD slot or have a reader that attaches, try formatting the card with it. If this doesn't cure it, download v2.7.25 from the official Autel site, then take an Android formatted known good V30 card, and drag the .bin file to the root section of that card (not in any subfolder), remove the card from the PC or phone and insert it into the drone. Turn your controller on, and then the drone, no cables or devices connected. Evo II should recognize the card and reinstall your firmware (follow all the safety precautions like removing the propellers and camera gimbal cover, and make sure your battery is fully charged up. You don't want to interrupt the process, allow it to go to completion.)

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy