Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Emergency Landing Ordeal Over Mountains

Cool. I wish you posted a bit more info. I can see you ran out of juice. Did you have strong winds fighting the return home? How long did you look for EVO till you found it? I liked the quick look around for a spot to land.
I fly mostly over water and a very low batery will land my drone in a place it wont survive it

Reactions: taike
So there hat ! Bravo 01.gif

Do not worry about the subtitles, we fly with also, by obligation, given the source of the material ....

"I fly mostly over water and a very low batery will land my drone in a place it wont survive it"

it is necessary to hang a basin below, it is easier to recover in the basin ..... ?

Let me add here. The area is altitude restricted. I had to hike up and let my EVO fly down. Low battery warning was set at 40%. I was so engaged in shooting. By the time I was ready to return home I noticed the remaining battery was 10% and forced landing was activated. So I started looking around for safe landing points and finished 10% battery quickly. I spotted an unique symbol which looked like a Chinese grave so I pushed the sticks toward there still looking around for a better landing place, finally I had to go for it as I was convinced it's a tiny graveyard with a tiny path, which was critical for later access. My EVO had landed the other side of the mountains and it took 2 and half hours long hiking down and up. I knew nobody would come to graveyard so I did not rush. I used 6" NOKIA handset and was lucky I was able to spot the symbol in time with my aging eyes (I'm mid-50s).

This is my 3rd emergency landing over the last one year since I got my EVO.

#1 Unable to make it RTH position due to the wind resistance in China..... let it land nowhere in the deep mountains inaccessible. Autel has provided me a free replacement! I FedEX the remainng combo set to US and they sent me a complete combo for replacement. I was too lucky.

#2 Unable to make it RTH due to the wind resistance in the Philippines from Ocean. I managed to landed some abandoned lot which was shielded but the guard allowed me to get in and took me guided me to the landed point. A guy living along the lot has picked it up and kept it in his house. Safely discovered.

Last edited:
Reactions: davery87
Nice quick video showing greatcalm pilot skills ! Keep control and look for a safe place to land. Newbies should learn a lot from this video.
Underlining lesson, watch battery levels in high winds!

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hakles