Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Dynamic Tracking

rkymtnflyer

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I'm planning to use the dynamic tracking in parallel mode to follow my mtn bike and I on some local single track. I've watched the Autel video tutorial but it didn't answer one important question: will the aircraft maintain the set distance in both the horizontal and the vertical? In other words, as I descend the mountain, will the aircraft descend too?

Hi Guys,
I'm planning to use the dynamic tracking in parallel mode to follow my mtn bike and I on some local single track. I've watched the Autel video tutorial but it didn't answer one important question: will the aircraft maintain the set distance in both the horizontal and the vertical? In other words, as I descend the mountain, will the aircraft descend too?
Not unless Autel has recently fixed this. A number of people have raised this with them (including me—but I’ve been given no commitment).

Reactions: rkymtnflyer
Still a short coming and Autel needs to step up and give us a firmware update that incorporates horizontal elevation control during Dynamic tracking. This will open up the EVO to a lot more hikers and mountain bikers. Boat mode was a big step to increase EVO use off of boats. Just hand catching is sketchy at best. I highly recommend cut resistant gloves be worn for hand catching operations.

Reactions: Nightbat2
I hand catch my Evo all the time. The trick is to hover in front of you and approach your hand from the gimbal, so the sensors don't detect you.

I hand catch my Evo all the time. The trick is to hover in front of you and approach your hand from the gimbal, so the sensors don't detect you.
I’m not that brave. One of the first videos they showed us as drone school newbies was a pretty impressive video of a Phantom out-Cuisinarting a Cuisinart! Probably to scare us into being extra careful, as with six or eight students buzzing their drones around a football field at the same time, everyone needs to be careful.

If it's the video I'm thinking of, it was actually someone using an XSP making Thanksgiving dinner. :)

• Haha
Haha, the sausage and banana were cool! What a mess.
Glad it ended good for the DJI! :cool:

Here's my 2 cents on dynamic track, from experience. If the object goes faster than about 10 mph, the Evo loses the object. If you track in ludicrous mode you can track up to about 25 mph.

Hi Guys,
Curious to know if this is still a problem Or if it’s been resolved now?

It has not been resolved yet. I just asked them about it this week. They said "It's something they're looking into".

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blindhout