Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Do not buy Autel -fine print will leave you out in the cold

safetyPro

Reaction score
I have a history with autel customer support and a single drone. I had purchased their replacement package in case anything ever happened.

I was having issues with a weak video link and since it was within 90 days and under warranty I returned it expecting to have it either repaired or replaced. I've posted about this issue in the past.

I'll use this as an analogy, at the last apartment complex I lived at I was required to sign a 64 page lease with initials at the bottom of each one. The current apartment I live in which is just as nice it was a single page.

The Autel replacement package requirements is similar to the 64 page lease.

I've been told that because the replacement package was not bound to that aircraft that I would need to pay for the replacement cost $595 for a new gimbal.

They refuse to assign this replacement package to that drone. This cost is just over half the price of the drone, the controller, batteries and accessories.

Just providing everyone a fair warning and venting if you decide to purchase from them, if you haven't already.

Reactions: Nauty
thanks for the write-up and sharing your story. not having all of the information from your case means I cannot offer an accurate, meaningful reply and can only provide my opinion based on the minimal information that you provided. the "lease" analogy makes zero sense so we'll leave that out, it's simply not applicable.

but it sounds like you had defective equipment and were attempting to make a warranty claim. not sure what country you are located but those type of claims are very easy. however, you mentioned a replacement package and unfortunately we can't tell you anything about this "replacement package." there are a dozen unofficial insurance type "packages" that may or may not be recognized/accepted by autel and then there is Autel Care. are you talking about Autel Care? doesn't sound like it because aside from the early days, purchasing Autel Care for your drone is a straightforward process in the US. there is nothing confusing about "assignment." when you fly your drone, you are either covered...or you are not. when you activate it properly, you get something that looks like this:

Namekenautelevo2pro
Phone Number000-123-4567
Email[email protected]
Product ModelEVO II Pro
Aircraft S/NHV1234567890
Gimbal S/NG60123456789
Replacement Number2
Coverage Periodtwelve months

it's either this...or nothing. if you ask for some sort of "reassignment" after the fact, you will probably get denied. these type of contracts don't rely on the fine print as it is common knowledge that you cannot (under most circumstances) buy Autel Care and expect any sort of coverage flexibility when it comes to equipment and serial numbers, etc. even if you buy a standalone camera (which comes with a warranty by the way) but it's not listed on your retail contract, you're likely out of luck. it would be difficult for Autel to properly access the damage when it is so easy for you to swap the camera from your friend's two-year old drone and make a claim (for example). this is the case across all drones but it is probably true that some manufacturers are more flexible than others when it comes to making exceptions. try providing a receipt and asking for an exception.

if your defective drone is under warranty, I would approach the situation from a totally different perspective. hope this helps.

Reactions: ethelsnakes

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy