Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Disconnected

Sau Wing Lam

Reaction score
This happens to me three times already. Flying in normal conditions while within range. Suddenly the RC shows Evo disconnected from RC. Image on smart phone is frozen. Battery power on RC shows nothing, and it tries to reconnect. Video recording stopped. Evo flies home and landed accurately by itself all 3 times. It happens on two different batteries so it is probably not a battery issue. Has anyone else experienced this? What could be causing this?

Just wondering, when you flew the Evo, it was without any object in the middle that could interfere with the signal? Like trees, buildings or anything else?

I was on a hill and the trees are beneath me. I just finished flying Evo out 3 miles and back. i put on a new battery and started flying again for only 2000 feet and this happened.

I just remember the last two times this happened I just had a long flight. One time I just finished flying 4.6 miles. The other time I flew 6 miles. Then I pop in a charged battery and flew again. That was when this happened. Perhaps the Evo wanted a rest after a long flight?

Did you try exchanging the wire from RC to Device? experienced sometime similar but upon changing the cable - problem fixed.

Did you try exchanging the wire from RC to Device? experienced sometime similar but upon changing the cable - problem fixed.
That was showing disconnect on phone, not on controller, sounds like he's seeing disconnect on controller as well as the phone.
If they controller shows "connecting" then it's not the cable. If it's just the phone, then hit the display button on controller, and you can see the camera view. even though the phone is jacked.

What I have experienced is that while flying, if I get an obstacle in the middle, my video feed goes black and white and freezes, but I still have control over the drone. If I back up, I get my video feed back. I always figured it was designed this way so you could hit RTH in case of video loss.

Reactions: macoman
More information about my disconnect problem.

Today after flying normally for about 10 minutes, suddenly the Evo is disconnected from my RC/Smart phone. I have no control over the Evo at all. It was within range and I did not have any prior warning (e.g. signal is weak). Evo came back and landed.

I switched to another battery. After 3 minutes it is suddenly disconnected. It flew back but hover over the landing spot refusing to land. I took a picture with my RC in the foreground. I waited until the battery run down to 15% and it finally landed.

Then I switched to my third battery. After 3 mintues it did the same thing. This time it came back and landed.

So the problem is definitely not with my batteries. It is either with the drone, or with my RC. I had the 4Hawks SR installed professionally by Covert Drones. I just wrote to Luke to see if he had seen this, and whether the 4Hawks is the culprit. Btw, 4Hawks works really well and I can go out 3+miles in urban area with any signal breakup.

So I am done with Evo for a while at least. Have to go back to Mavic Pro, until this problem is fixed. I love my Evo, but cannot fly it without any RC control.

Attachments

• 20190813_194819.jpg
    20190813_194819.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 30
The controller is modified, Autel don't cover any warranty to your controller and possibly the aircraft as well. Because the controller antennas has been modified, I would start there about this particular issue.

Sounds like a radio problem. It oveeheats and shuts down. Let us hooe the problem lies elsewhere.q

Got a response from Alejandro of Autel: Okay, so I am led to believe that this may be an issue with your 4Hawks antenna that you have modified onto your controller. During installation they may have damaged or interfered with the wiring inside of the controller.

This was my response to him:

The disconnections happened at the same location, which is on a small hill named Dinosaur Hill near my home. I fly Evo elsewhere including from my backyard this morning and no such disconnection occured. I am beginning to think that there is some interference on this hill. I will fly at different places just to see if such disconnection occurs. Is it possible that disconnection is tied to a certain location?

So far I am thrilled with my Evo in every way. I still have my Mavic Pro and I will not go back to Mavic if I can fly my Evo.

Update: I flew from my backyard several times today and no disconnection happened. So I think it was that particular hill which, for unknown reasons, probably has some significance interference.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d