Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Difference in Android and iOS? Qty of satellites

Fly-a-holic

Reaction score
I see some videos of the Autel Explorer app and some show the number of satellites that Evo is locked onto. Is this a setting within Autel Explorer or a difference in Android and iOS?
Thanks in advance!

Locked on satellites depends on where you are, different times of day or even different days. Not all videos are made at the very same time so each one will have different satellite counts. It has nothing to do with Android or iOS.
If you want to know how many satellites you should be connected to visit this page. It will give you a Est. Sat Lock
UAV Forecast

Locked on satellites depends on where you are, different times of day or even different days. Not all videos are made at the very same time so each one will have different satellite counts. It has nothing to do with Android or iOS.
If you want to know how many satellites you should be connected to visit this page. It will give you a Est. Sat Lock
UAV Forecast
I find that the UAV Forecast app undercounts the number of sats. It shows 12-13, for example, and I get 16-17 locked when flying. Still, it's a good app to use, especially since it also provides the KP index, which can cause issues with connectivity. I also use an app called Windy, which shows wind speed and wind gusts. I know, this is not related to sats, but everything matters when flying.

I find that the UAV Forecast app undercounts the number of sats. It shows 12-13, for example, and I get 16-17 locked when flying. Still, it's a good app to use, especially since it also provides the KP index, which can cause issues with connectivity. I also use an app called Windy, which shows wind speed and wind gusts. I know, this is not related to sats, but everything matters when flying.

Must be why they say estimated Sats Locked and not for sure sats locked :)

Laughing at myself for not finishing the post.... I guess the work week has got me good!

I actually meant to ask the question... Is there a setting that shows the number of Sats because my phone/Explorer app don't show them. I see some videos where they are displayed at the top left portion of the mobile device.

Thanks for the information! I knew the number of sats will be different from time to time. I just don't know where to see them in the Explorer app.

I actually meant to ask the question... Is there a setting that shows the number of Sats because my phone/Explorer app don't show them. I see some videos where they are displayed at the top left portion of the mobile device.

I just don't know where to see them in the Explorer app.
For Android, in the camera display, on the top line of the Explorer App, tap on the area where distance, etc are displayed. This should cause the second line containing the number of Sats to be displayed. As I recall, to hide the second line, tap again on the top line.
Don't know if this is different for iOS...

Reactions: Fly-a-holic
I love the UAV Forecast App. The only thing I wish it had is live radar maps. I've completely given up and weather men. I'm starting to believe that they get paid to be wrong. In regards to satellites, what's the minimum number of satellites you should have before taking off?

I love the UAV Forecast App. The only thing I wish it had is live radar maps. I've completely given up and weather men. I'm starting to believe that they get paid to be wrong. In regards to satellites, what's the minimum number of satellites you should have before taking off?
UAV is certainly cautious. I'm lucky if I get one day a month when it tells me it's good to fly, so I pretty much ignore the headline. Sometimes all metrics are favourable apart from wind direction - which is enough for UAV Forecast to warn me off flying...?

(@Barton - welcome back!)

Before taking off I'd say anywhere between 7-9. Before sending the bird anywhere beyond 5-10 meters I'd wait for at least 11-12.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barry.bain