Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

DHS plan to shoot down drones near airports worries 2 key lawmakers

Hmm, there is already a company providing hardware to electronically shoot down drones threatening outdoor stadiums. But trying to control airspace around any airport is an effort in futility when a drone can reach altitudes of extreme height which could intercept aircraft outside of the shooting gallery range.

In fact this morning I'll be flying next door to my controlled D space airport with my FAA authorization. And it even granted me 100 foot altitude directly beneath my airport's approach flight path for the western end of the runway. So I wonder how do they determine "when to shoot." I can literally fly right beneath approaching aircraft that are only 1000 feet above my authorized allowance. ??

Reactions: Drgnfli
Hmm, there is already a company providing hardware to electronically shoot down drones threatening outdoor stadiums. But trying to control airspace around any airport is an effort in futility when a drone can reach altitudes of extreme height which could intercept aircraft outside of the shooting gallery range.

In fact this morning I'll be flying next door to my controlled D space airport with my FAA authorization. And it even granted me 100 foot altitude directly beneath my airport's approach flight path for the western end of the runway. So I wonder how do they determine "when to shoot." I can literally fly right beneath approaching aircraft that are only 1000 feet above my authorized allowance. ??
They will determine to shoot you, if you are flying your Evo within the perimeter of an airport. They aren't interested in you if you are flying in a 100' ceiling zone, legally or illegally. There are other ways to deal with those.

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
They will determine to shoot you, if you are flying your Evo within the perimeter of an airport. They aren't interested in you if you are flying in a 100' ceiling zone, legally or illegally. There are other ways to deal with those.
? I wonder if they thought about the fact they might bring down one of their 737s they are trying to protect. There are sometimes trade-offs that can be overlooked initially.

With the performance of over-the-counter drones ascending at 1000 feet per minute from ground level, its not inconceivable that a terrorist would build a drone with speeds much greater than that and the response time of the 'protection device' may not be adequate in a real-life scenario. But why even mess with an airport and a few hundred victims?

America and every other country in the world is extremely vulnerable and NOTHING, I repeat NOTHING will prevent a catastrophic terrorist attack via drone. A single bag of anthrax dropped in the water supply of Los Angeles takes out 9 million residents and contaminates the entire water supply infrafstructure forever, or the same in the Rose Bowl stadium with 100,000 fans in the stands sucking up the dust.

REMEMBER ALL YOU AMERICANS(myself included).....THEY NEVER FOUND OUT WHO WAS MAILING THE ANTHRAX TO POLITICIANS. We are all so vulnerable its pathetic. Technology will spell the demise of mankind in so many ways you can't even count them. We are a planet full of people with a self-destruction agenda. Maybe I won't live long enough to see that day. Those who volunteer for the colonization and terra-forming of MARS may be our only survivors of the human race.

We all know the capabilities of our drones, a bit irresponsible to implant ideas into our sick society imo.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58