Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Defective Battery..?

Supersammy

Reaction score
Hello EVO Friends, I just finished a 3900' flight and after returning home, I noticed that the Battery I've had for 8 months felt a bit worm. When connecting it to the EVO Charger, the 2nd Light lit-up with a constant green light which I immediately Disconnected then about 30-seconds later, reconnected the (same) Battery which the same 'problem' 2nd light remained on and none of the Charging indicators would indicate a normal charging procedure. Has anyone experienced this and could someone provide a Solution for this very unusual problem... Thank you

Batteries get warm during flight, due to the constant energy being drawn from them. Once your flight is over, you will have to let your battery cool off before charging them up. What you are experiencing is the battery protecting itself from damage.

Batteries get warm during flight, due to the constant energy being drawn from them. Once your flight is over, you will have to let your battery cool off before charging them up. What you are experiencing is the battery protecting itself from damage.
Thank you so Much. I was afraid to try charging it again. It is charging now. Greatly Appreciated... :)

Thank you so Much. I was afraid to try charging it again. It is charging now. Greatly Appreciated... :)
As the manual says, never recharge a battery until it has had time to cool down. Same applies to all drones.

Lipo management and ownership unfortunately requires redundancy as one battery while go quickly if it’s used constantly in my opinion. It’s nice that the Evo battery auto discharges over time. Lord knows how many batteries I “hurt” without that smart feature. Owning a spare or two allows for a more relaxed and reliable flight or mission and their batteries are priced fairly considering their reliability.

As the manual says, never recharge a battery until it has had time to cool down. Same applies to all drones.
Thank you. I did wait over 30-minutes before Recharging this battery. Must not have been long enough before doing so. You've been Very Helpful, Thank you again... :)

Reactions: Highlander1UK

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58