Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Darkness Stability

Towpilot

Reaction score
My EVOII Pro seems to be unstable during darkness flight. Seems to move around left and right forward and backward during night operation only. Any ideas as to what is going on? Thanks, Towpilot

Last night I once again did darkness flight testing. I had a strobe light attached to the top of the drone and this possibly could have been causing the problem. The strobe flashing is very intense, the flashing could be seen through the camera as seen on the smart controller. GPS function was good, all other systems seem to be operating properly. I will try again tonight, must go do a bit of real flying in the old crop duster. Towpilot

Last edited:
My EVOII Pro seems to be unstable during darkness flight. Seems to move around left and right forward and backward during night operation only. Any ideas as to what is going on? Thanks, Towpilot

I haven't seen that issue at all with my EVO II 6K and I have flown many night flights. The only thing I have seen at night is the obstacle avoidance is disabled. Did you verify that the EVO was using GPS mode prior to takeoff? Also, did you ensure not to take off from cement or near metal surfaces for the night flight?

I routinely fly at night outdoors and have found the E2P to be very stable, even with a breeze. Couple of things to check out and verify:

1. Any warning messages when you power up, and, before you take off? E.g. compass, imu, poor gps, gimbal, etc.
2. In your logs, are you seeing a signal loss or gps issue?
3. Do you have poor gps coverage (e.g. check uav forcast among others)
4. Do a compass cal and imu calibrate
5. Does the aircraft say its going into atti mode by chance?
6. App, aircraft, battery, and controller sw/fw up to date?
7. Are your sensors (top, bottom, left, right, rear, front) clean?
8. Do you see the same scenario of movement during daytime?
9. What happens if you put the aircraft when in camera mode into dual stability?

Hope that helps

Reactions: aebiv

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58