Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Damaged battery?

butch

Reaction score
Went out for a flight yesterday since it was 55 degrees nd sunny for the first time in a while. Got everything hooked up and lifted off when I got a "damaged battery use another battery" on both my phone and controller.
Got back inside and booted up again and go the same message. I checked the battery status in the app and saw nothing to indicate damage. There is no physical damage and it has not been in a crash. The voltage looks good to me so what gives? Purchased battery with drone in March.
bat dam.jpgbat dam2.jpg

Have you tried with another battery?
This one looks correct, the cells are not unbalanced.

Have you tried with another battery?
This one looks correct, the cells are not unbalanced.
Yes used other battery and it is fine. Just got off the phone with Autel, they sending info for me to get a replacement, I hope.

Went out for a flight yesterday since it was 55 degrees nd sunny for the first time in a while. Got everything hooked up and lifted off when I got a "damaged battery use another battery" on both my phone and controller.
Got back inside and booted up again and go the same message. I checked the battery status in the app and saw nothing to indicate damage. There is no physical damage and it has not been in a crash. The voltage looks good to me so what gives? Purchased battery with drone in March.
View attachment 5856View attachment 5857
@butch I have had 2 battery failures. Put in a ticket with Autel. They will tell you to fully charge them and let them sit for a week to 10 days to see if they recover. Most likely they will not. Sounds like you are still under warranty. Both of mine were replaced. The freaky thing is if this happens in flight the drone will do an RTH on its own which can be a problem. Curious if your drone went into RTH? You don't mention it in you comment.

@butch I have had 2 battery failures. Put in a ticket with Autel. They will tell you to fully charge them and let them sit for a week to 10 days to see if they recover. Most likely they will not. Sounds like you are still under warranty. Both of mine were replaced. The freaky thing is if this happens in flight the drone will do an RTH on its own which can be a problem. Curious if your drone went into RTH? You don't mention it in you comment.
No, my drone did not go into RTH, It just popped up the message as soon as I lifted off. I landed as soon as I noticed the pop up.
The good news is that I contacted Autel and they are sending a replacement battery. No charging for 10 days or any of that crap. All they wanted was proof of purchase, photo of battery SN, and SN of drone. Already got the notice of shipping. All in one day.
Kudos to Altel.

PS. I did send the above screen shots.

More Kudos to 'Autel. Just got email that my new battery is on the way. Called about the problem on Friday and shipping out new on Monday. :)

If they can keep up with updates and listen to their customers and help their customers like they have you...they will succeed and beat DJI.

If they can keep up with updates and listen to their customers and help their customers like they have you...they will succeed and beat DJI.
I think they are better than DJI in the customer service department. I hope the upcoming Evo 2 make then even more successful than DJI but DJI still have a diverse portfolio of products. Autel unfortunately only have one product or drone for sale plus some accessories.

Autel responded the same day when I called about a bad battery. I emailed the information they requested and the new battery got shipped the next day. The shipping was slow boat from China but it arrived yesterday. I give Autel service ? ?

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials