Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Crystalsky question

macoman

Reaction score
I bought an Evo bundle. I already have Mavic Pro Platinum. But I read somewhere in the internet that the DJI crystalsky works on Autel's drones. It's this true?

I've created an apk of the explorer app and loaded it on the crystalsky. It works, but the app does not generate a map there

Reactions: macoman
but the app does not generate a map there
Autel Explorer accesses Google Maps and you will need Google Maps on the CS in order to create offline maps. Others have reported problems creating a Google account on the CS even with Google Maps installed. I am still looking for a solution to this problem.

FYI, you can d/l the Autel Explorer .apk from Autel's site:
Downloads | Autel Robotics

I'm waiting for someone with an Epson Moverio BT-300 to side-load this apk and see if it works with any limitations.

But I read somewhere in the internet that the DJI crystalsky works on Autel's drones. It's this true?
Yes, I can confirm that the Autel Explorer will run properly when its APK is sideloaded and installed. The sad, ugly truth is that dji has somehow blocked the login to Google Maps which also must be sideloaded. Logging into Google Maps is the only way to save maps for offline use by the Autel Explorer. Excluding Google Play Store from the CrystalSky in the first place is one thing but to actively block the login to Google Maps is quite another ... The common abbreviation for the CrystalSky is CS and in my circle, this stands for chicken **** !

I just got a crystalsky and what happens when a new frimware comes out for the Autel do let download and if I do will the crystalsky still work thank you. Tom

Last edited:

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy