Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Cracked antenna

I'm ready to do the same. This has been one nightmare after another! Now that the Mavic 2 has NLD capability, the EVO offers nothing worthy of distinction, except 4K 60fps, but only at 20mph, and only within 1.5 miles, and no 30° gimbal elevation above horizontal needed for spherical panoramas, and no iPad use, and all beginner safety settings are restored after every reboot! The customer service hours have now been cut back by 20%, and the simplest of repairs takes 3 weeks because they must be sending them all back to China for repair! Not kidding! The single Chinese engineer gives contradictory answers and is simply unavailable to respond to explain the contradictions! These guys make DJI look good!
I've actually had good experiences with DJI Costumer Support. Sure, they are nice in Autel's, but nice doesn't get things fixed.

How is it possible thst you don't get 4k60 after 1.5 miles? You should get it no matter where it is.

I've actually had good experiences with DJI Costumer Support. Sure, they are nice in Autel's, but nice doesn't get things fixed.
Same here. My Mavic 2 was sent in on a Wednesday and I had it back on the following Tuesday. DJI sent me a brand new unactivated one, with a matched brand new Pro camera installed, after only charging me for the repair of my broken Pro camera! I'll take competent and efficient over nice any day!

I'm ready to do the same. This has been one nightmare after another! Now that the Mavic 2 has NLD capability, the EVO offers nothing worthy of distinction, except 4K 60fps, but only at 20mph, and only within 1.5 miles, and no 30° gimbal elevation above horizontal needed for spherical panoramas, and no iPad use, and all beginner safety settings are restored after every reboot! The customer service hours have now been cut back by 20%, and the simplest of repairs takes 3 weeks because they must be sending them all back to China for repair! Not kidding! The single Chinese engineer gives contradictory answers and is simply unavailable to respond to explain the contradictions! These guys make DJI look good!
I have a spark and mavic Air and the reason I bought the evo is because I have to drive miles to fly the dji drones even then it’s still hard to find a place I can fly which is something I don’t want to do all the time because of the geofencing software built into the drones.

I have a spark and mavic Air and the reason I bought the evo is because I have to drive miles to fly the dji drones even then it’s still hard to find a place I can fly which is something I don’t want to do all the time because of the geofencing software built into the drones.
Can you give me some coordinates of the general area you usually fly, to see if there is any way I can help you, to make flying easier?

Can you give me some coordinates of the general area you usually fly, to see if there is any way I can help you, to make flying easier?
I live in St.louis county within 6 miles of the airport.You cant fly in parks around St.Louis so I would have to drive to find a field on private property that I would take a chance of getting booted off.
There are also a lot of smaller airports around the area that keep you from flying.
If dji would have just put in a height limit that would have been fine with me in a no fly area.
I can at least fly my evo around my yard at rooftop level which may not be the ideal situation but at least I can fly which is better than nothing. I might add there are local rules in the St.Louis area which makes it harder on flying.One good things if I I decide to drive to fly I have I have three drones to fly.

Last edited:
I live in St.louis county within 6 miles of the airport.You cant fly in parks around St.Louis so I would have to drive to find a field on private property that I would take a chance of getting booted off.
There are also a lot of smaller airports around the area that keep you from flying.
If dji would have just put in a height limit that would have been fine with me in a no fly area.
I can at least fly my evo around my yard at rooftop level which may not be the ideal situation but at least I can fly which is better than nothing. I might add there are local rules in the St.Louis area which makes it harder on flying.One good things if I I decide to drive to fly I have I have three drones to fly.
This is the ST. Luois Area. On the blue zones you can fly with a simple authorization code. If you live 6 miles from the main airport, you should be able to fly. Once you get your unlock code once, you will not be prevented to fly in the future, in that area. At least that has been my experience.

My guess the map below is your flight area. Like I said, once you get your instant authorization code from the DJI Go 4 app, you should be good to go from then forward.

Reactions: Shadowwalker
This is the area around St. Luois Downtown Airport, so you keep in mind how high you can fly.

and this is around Lambert.

Make sure you are flying within FAA indicated height. If you fly elsewhere from the places I've shown, please let me know, so I can look it up.

The real problem is that if DJI will not allow you to fly, in most cases the EVO cannot legally be flown either, even if it lets you. If it is legal to fly where you want to fly, you can usually fly any DJI product, barring any mistakes in their GEO database, which can be corrected, upon notification. There are also "workarounds" to the DJI limitations, which don't require owning an EVO. Also, all EVO's have geofencing already installed. It just isn't turned on to prohibit flight yet. Currently, it just leaves an annoying warning on the screen, which keeps popping up every time you acknowledge it. However, if the FAA mandates geofencing, Autel just needs to flip a switch to activate it fully!

Last edited:

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials