Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Course Lock

this isn't very easy to setup and use. I'm finding while my drone is "cruising" you can't make a lot of changes easily. I'm finding it impossible to turn the camera 90% even by aiming the entire drone (since the camera cannot move by itself). also, this is working during hyperlapse only not with ordinary video. I'll keep working on it but for now, I'm going to say this is not a suitable substitute for traditional course lock which would be so much more easier to implement. thanks for the help and let me know if I am doing something wrong.
Autel's Pro is still missing a basic Pro tool a year after release.

I have looked into my crystal sky ball and see... ?

Evo III *new* feature... Course Lock

oh, what's this? a note from the Evo III Research and Development team... "Thanks for the ideas! Keep 'em coming!"

My follow up question to Autel about the Cruise mode resulted in this response:

"Cruise mode only allows you to YAW the aircraft to aim the camera and pitch the camera. If you wanted elevation changes, they need to be setup in the waypoints.
You can set either photos or videos in waypoints/cruise.
OA sensors are enabled, but please be aware OA is only made for assistance and not to be relied solely upon.
Press and hold the pause button to stop the mission."

Does this help?
ultimately this is what I am ending up using...as described here in this post.

set a start point in the mission and set an endpoint...in a straight line. start the mission and while the drone is executing, you are free to turn the camera left and right, up and down in whatever direction you wish. it will hold that setting and the drone will not stop it's original direction or speed while executing the mission. you cannot change the altitude. if you want an altitude change, you need to build in the correct altitudes into the mission start point and end point.

for now, I can use this....because I'm a novice (not an expert) and this will suffice. at the start point, I can hove for 30 seconds which give me time to tilt and yaw the camera to exactly where I need it.

I tried making a course lock with a two point waypoint using the EVO 1. Seemed to do the trick, I was only interested in yaw and camera pitch, not altitude change. Will try with the EVO 2 this weekend if tit isn't snowing to much.

I tried making a course lock with a two point waypoint using the EVO 1. Seemed to do the trick, I was only interested in yaw and camera pitch, not altitude change. Will try with the EVO 2 this weekend if tit isn't snowing to much.
Sad that you need to try such a convoluted work around to get a basic pro function on Autel's Pro bird!

I also subscribe for a Course LOCK function...As it is a PRO drone, needs also PRO features...and this C.L. is not even a rocket science, is a basic tool.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hakles