Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Considering buying Autel EVO II Dual 640T, is this price suitable?

yiyunet

Reaction score
I recently considered whether to buy the Autel Robotics EVO II Dual 640T Rugged Bundle, the best discount price is 3799USD, and I can get the free gift they gave me! Compared with the original price, it is indeed a lot cheaper?

EA5C1E35-C1E0-4110-8B3E-E973892CC5CE.png

The most important apsect of your purchase is getting a Good solid drone with a perfect Horizon out of the box, without any issue .

so what I do is Purchase Two of every drone and if the first one is not perfect , I open the other and send the other one back as your odds are much better that way.

I have a few tests that I do to ensure a good working drone, with a good seal on the camera as well as good camera focus.

Once you get a good solid drone that does not have to be returned , you can focus with a passion on the Accesories you want to get, Such as Wet Suit , lol Ect

I remember how many Autels I had to go thru before I nailed one that was working well.
This is no fault of the Company as much as the abuse they can take on shipping and although you might be able to find fixes, you will always be fixing stuff and that is no good.

Returns are an issue so stay focused on the Prize and try to snag a good one.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.

I recently considered whether to buy the Autel Robotics EVO II Dual 640T Rugged Bundle, the best discount price is 3799USD, and I can get the free gift they gave me! Compared with the original price, it is indeed a lot cheaper?

View attachment 16199
Price is good but you could get the bigger controller and an extra battery. Check the AUTEL website or speak directly to sales. You might get a better deal speaking with them directly...

Reactions: EBERLS
I went ahead and popped for one. I have to say right from the get-go, coming from primarily DJI products the set up, upgrading firmware etc was a total PITA and SLOW. Then it would not connect properly, had to remove and re-install the app. Over two hours of fumbling before it is now flight ready.

I did have the lower resolution FLIR Evo 1 years back (for $10K) and ended up sending it back as the resolution sucked and it flew like a brick. At this price I was sucked back in and hope this experience will be better.

First flight will be tomorrow. Fingers crossed I got a good unit as I hear one of the main issues is horizon leveling.

Cheers,
CJS

Reactions: waltermitty
I this point and time due to the lack of support and the screwing I took on the one I bought for much more I will NEVER spend another dime with Autel.

I bought their first v1 thermal Evo a few years ago. Had it a week and sent it back. At that time it was a brand new release (and $10k!) and only a 240 x ?? thermal camera. Not good for much of anything over 100 feet away and it flew like a brick - and had the same over sensitive obstacle avoidance that this version seems to have.

I ended up buying one of these v2's.... seems to be a good unit (cameras/drone works, horizon straight). At this price and only $100-$200 for a RID module I can live with that. They did send me the wrong color because they were out of orange, I ordered gray..... but I got an orange one anyway - fine with me.

The obstacle avoidance on this version is still WAY too sensitive when close to the ground... as others have noted.

The clarity of the thermal camera is excellent.

I do need to say the app kinda sucks. Way fiddly to get to commonly used settings. I am sure I will get used to it but they better have a much better app going soon if they are going strictly commercial/enterprise sales from now on. If they don't step it up on the app, I can see why they failed at consumer drones.

All said and done, if you don't need any support and you can live with the annoyances/limitations you'd be hard pressed to get a thermal imaging drone with this quality of camera at this price.

Cheers!

Im on my third 640T and I have to send this one back too. I have had issues with all 3. I have not been able to do any photogrammetry work since NOV. I have multiple posts on here about these drones. TONS of issues The DJI Mavic Enterprise arw WAY more reliable and have way less issues.

Im on my third 640T and I have to send this one back too. I have had issues with all 3. I have not been able to do any photogrammetry work since NOV. I have multiple posts on here about these drones. TONS of issues The DJI Mavic Enterprise arw WAY more reliable and have way less issues.
Would you mind telling us what those issues are?.... I would like to know what I should be scrutinizing on mine!?

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo