Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Complaint

I’m not sure what their response will be. Two years ago one of the outstanding neighbors pulled a firearm on a young man taking real estate pictures. Things went south and local PD was called and arrested him for assault with a deadly weapon. Ever since then, drone talk scares everyone. This was before I moved into the neighborhood. Some people are always jerks and it doesn’t matter what is wrong or right, they are still jerks. I’m a commissioned peace officer in the State of Texas and do fire investigations. I really don’t need this guy Challenging me especially with his history. Not worth it. I will just fly elsewhere or sell my whole setup that only has about 6 flights On it. Haven’t made that decision yet.

Don't give in ! Talk to the folks, introduce them to drones in a friendly manner, just don't give up - you have rights too but if you give up, they will win psychologically. Show them how you checked on Airmap that it is clear to fly in that area (is it?). I keep my LAANC permissions stored on my phone to show that my FAA "permission" overrides your dislike of drones. Welcome to the Twenty-First Century !! ???
~

One of my neighbor's asked me not to fly over his property "because it's against state law to fly over someone else's property without their permission". Ironically, I already don't fly over his property on purpose just to avoid annoying him. I always come and go over the farm across the street instead of over his house. So I told him I won't fly over your property since I'm polite and have no desire to annoy him, but there is no such state law. He insisted it was the law and they read it online and would print it out if I don't believe him. I know what he was looking at. There was a proposed law back in 2017 that would have prohibited intentionally photographing people on their property where there was a reasonable expectation of privacy from the ground. The law never made it out of committee and doesn't exist.

Last edited:
Reactions: butch and Flip
I am required to carry both on duty and off duty. That’s why I don’t want to screw with this guy. It wouldn’t turn out well for either of us. Anyway, thinking about selling my Evo 2 and moving onto something else. Not sure yet
Just curious about your comment to sell the EVO 2. WHY ?

Just got a nasty email from our HOA president saying that she had several complaints about a drone flying over the neighborhood. She stated that although this is not illegal, it is invasive. I flew a route mission at 200 feet using a flyover and not stopping at any waypoints. I’m thinking about unloading on her then again, I may not. However, I’m still flying when and where as long as it’s legal. What’s y’all’s thoughts? Just a friendly reminder. We can't fly over people. FAA stuff.

From the FAA:

UAS flying in a yard or over private or business property is considered to be in navigable airspace. Navigable airspace is from the ground up. Anyone flying a UAS in compliance with FAA rules is permitted to fly in all such navigable airspace. The FAA regulates the airspace not local ordinates It is a federal offense to interfere with the operation of an aircraft, so private property owners and business owners are prohibited from interfering with or preventing the operations of a UAS in navigable airspace even if that space is private property.

§ 40103. Sovereignty and use of airspace: >>Page 748<<

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58