Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Comparison to Mavic 2 Pro

smithlaw

Reaction score
Does anyone have first hand experience of the EVO 2 Pro vs. the Mavic 2 Pro? I have been a Mavic Pro and Phantom owner, but have crashed several times because of hitting obstacles on the side (tree limbs). I have started looking at the EVO and I am about ready to jump all the way in, but I just wanted to get some last minute feedback before I jump ship. Thanks in advance!!!

Does anyone have first hand experience of the EVO 2 Pro vs. the Mavic 2 Pro? I have been a Mavic Pro and Phantom owner, but have crashed several times because of hitting obstacles on the side (tree limbs). I have started looking at the EVO and I am about ready to jump all the way in, but I just wanted to get some last minute feedback before I jump ship. Thanks in advance!!!

I have maintained a pretty comprehensive thread here comparing the DJI products to the EVO II 6K. I had the original Mavic Pro not the Mavic Pro 2 but to me all the DJI products pretty much perform the same; the only real differences between DJI models are typically the camera and the size of the drone. There are plenty of YouTube comparisons if you want an exact one-to-one comparison. My post was more about the entire ecosystem and user experience for photography and video which for me is more important than just exact paper specs.

There are "blind" spots with the E2, however IMO the OA is much better than DJI drones. I would not hesitate to buy the E2P again. It is a fantastic aircraft! The flight characteristics are different, but once you dial in the flight controls to your liking, it is smooth as butter! I love my E2P!

I had a big job recently and for this particular job I had to fly both the P4 and the E2P.........this is the first time I've flown them side by side like that (not at the exact same time...you get my point). I was truly surprised that with the exact same wind gusts and altitudes the P4 was all over the place, the gimbal couldn't keep the camera level, and the drone was drifting between 20'-25' in all directions when it was supposed to be hovering.

10 min later I sent up the E2P for its series of images and it was literally rock solid. It drifted less than 5' in any direction and the horizon was perfectly level. The E2P continues to impress me, right when I thought I'd seen it all.

Thank you all for your feedback. And Herein2021 - I did go and read your previous thread and info. That is great information.

I have projects where on a weekly basis fly one set of missions with DJI (P4P & Mavics) and E2P. Wherever possible the E2P is getting more of the "at bats" or missions in the past handled by the P4P and Mavics. This includes indoors and outside.

Currently advantage P4P (and Mavics) have is ability to run DD & Litchi missions until they get E2P support, or, I recreate those with Autel Explorer. I have some projects that require a 360 pano, for some I have a mission setup to shoot the pano with E2P, however for others, use the Mavic or P4P for now.

Wind wise, the P4P has one advantage (for now) which is the physical switch on the controller that can be flipped to go into sport mode if encounter high wind gust. Currently the E2P requires going into some menus to change.

Have found the E2P to handle sustained and gusts into the 30s quite nicely. Something else is that while the P4P has the physical switch to get into sport mode fast, the P4P also has a taller profile making takeoff/landing in winds more challenging vs. the lower profile of the E2P.

Would not hesitate in getting another E2P vs. M2P.

I was using my Mav 2 pro mostly, until I got The evo 2 pro. Now I never use the mavic 2 pro. EVO2pro ia better than the mav2pro if you ask me. I also own the Evo 8k. I use it for daylight and as a backup. I'm actually selling the mav 2 pro.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juan.t