Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Companies that do installs of antenna extenders

Would love to see how you managed the lifthor mod, I have a Titan switch antenna on my Inspire and would love to install it on the EVO also.
It was pretty simplistic, the new antennas were a little closer together than stock so I just used a dremel and cut the overlap black plastic where it screws to the 2 orange aluminum legs. When I put it together to test i'l take a pic and post it here.

I really hope it's a noticable difference because I can'tgo back to stock with this remote, the modifications are too much for that now. I may end up buying a new remote anyway, just to have an original too.

If it doesn't work at all i'l buy a new one and have plenty of spare parts!

Reactions: G_G
If you have some sort of antennas made for the Evo, I do not see why you cannot have Autel install them. This way maybe you can even save your warranty!
Autel will not warranty anything modded. How could they? They have no control over the parts installed, even if they did the install, which would also violate their FCC approval by changing the antennas. Mods are also not FCC approved, even if you do them yourself. Assumption of all the risks goes with the territory. :cool:

Autel will not warranty anything modded. How could they? They have no control over the parts installed, even if they did the install, which would also violate their FCC approval by changing the antennas. Mods are also not FCC approved, even if you do them yourself. Assumption of all the risks goes with the territory. :cool:
The only reason why I would see anyone would need a mod would be to prevent anymore failures from the pins. The pictures posted by some here make everything look way to bulky, and too much to carry and assemble IMO. TO upgrade the antennas so that you can screw them on would be nice and it would keep its portability factor.

The only reason why I would see anyone would need a mod would be to prevent anymore failures from the pins. The pictures posted by some here make everything look way to bulky, and too much to carry and assemble IMO. TO upgrade the antennas so that you can screw them on would be nice and it would keep its portability factor.
I totally agree with the benefits. Range is crappy for me and antennas are already cracked on both sides, and are very vulnerable to breaking! However, as soon as the antennas are modded and the Lifthor added for balance with a larger tablet, it loses its compact size and portability, and you will need a separate bag for the RC. Oh, the conundrum! Up to a mile, everything is rock solid, but stock video display past that gets sketchy. My solution is to use it, as is, for short range. I have a Mavic 2 Zoom with a 5 mile range, when DJI lets me fly it.! :rolleyes:

when DJI lets me fly it.! :rolleyes:
Exactly. I could be a dji fan if it wasn't for the fear of them calling me to make sure I changed my underwear today before they let me fly.

Btw, the mod I just did almost adds portability with the antennas unscrewing when done.

Btw, the mod I just did almost adds portability with the antennas unscrewing when done.
Indeed. Once you have the sms connectors, you can hook up any external compatible antenna system, including roof mounted antennas and external car antennas, including any designed for the P3P and P4, after modding their RC's! I have several lying around that would certainly work with the EVO, after an RC mod.

Fortunately, I don't need to to be a DJI fan to enjoy their products. Love the products, but hate the company that makes them. So far, the GEO 2.0 limitations haven't impacted me, mostly because I never update the NFZ databases!

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kestrel