Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Companies that do installs of antenna extenders

mjbok

Reaction score
Was looking for any recommendations for companies that sell antenna boosters along with install services. I have a second Evo controller so I could try to do the modification myself, but I'd prefer to leave it to those who know what the heck they're doing.

Any feedback on companies and the boosters themselves (do they make a difference and if so how much) would be greatly appreciated.

We have a member that just started doing this. He did not seem to understand the posting rules for promoting his business so his post was deleted. Other then him breaking the rule he is a very experienced and all around nice guy. I am sure he could help you out. I will send his info in a PM as we are not a free advertising board :)

Autel does 3rd party modifications to their stock controllers? I would be shocked if that was correct, but interesting if it is.
If you have some sort of antennas made for the Evo, I do not see why you cannot have Autel install them. This way maybe you can even save your warranty!

If you have some sort of antennas made for the Evo, I do not see why you cannot have Autel install them. This way maybe you can even save your warranty!

Trust me on this one. Autel will never install antennas that do not pass the FCC documentation that they had to submit to get the EVO approved to sell.

We have a member that just started doing this. He did not seem to understand the posting rules for promoting his business so his post was deleted. Other then him breaking the rule he is a very experienced and all around nice guy. I am sure he could help you out. I will send his info in a PM as we are not a free advertising board :)
Agustine, do you know if the antenna he installs are directional or omnidirectional?

From what I can tell from his web page they are the 4Hawks which is very directional until you get further out. I use the 4Hawks on my XSP and find it works very well as long as you point in the general direction of the UAV.

I should say watching any install video the install is very easy compared to the XSP.

Reactions: Apollo11capcom
From what I can tell from his web page they are the 4Hawks which is very directional until you get further out. I use the 4Hawks on my XSP and find it works very well as long as you point in the general direction of the UAV.

I should say watching any install video the install is very easy compared to the XSP.
It must not be the mod im thinking about. There's someone who does antenna mods using long white antennas that I believe were omnis, which is what I'd prefer. They looked like long bunny ears.

It must not be the mod im thinking about. There's someone who does antenna mods using long white antennas that I believe were omnis, which is what I'd prefer. They looked like long bunny ears.
here you go.....the links to Amazon for those antenna's are in the document

Attachments

• AUTEL EVO CONTROLLER DISASSEMBLY Revision - 2 12.29.2018 (1).pdf
    4.2 MB · Views: 31
Was looking for any recommendations for companies that sell antenna boosters along with install services. I have a second Evo controller so I could try to do the modification myself, but I'd prefer to leave it to those who know what the heck they're doing.

Any feedback on companies and the boosters themselves (do they make a difference and if so how much) would be greatly appreciated.
This guy here will do the install for you. I had him do one of mine and he done a great job.

I'll have mine ordered tomorrow... I noticed that you can get them in black on the same order page.... wonder why he went with white. Anyway, I should have it early next week, I'll report back with my results.

Send me the contact info

And this member's name is?

here you go.....the links to Amazon for those antenna's are in the document
Alright i finished my upgrade and let me say it was anything but simple. The part he glosses over at the end by saying put it back together... he left out 2 days of modifications because nothing fit!

I also had to mod my lifthor.

I'l let you know how ir works when I have the energy to test it.

Would love to see how you managed the lifthor mod, I have a Titan switch antenna on my Inspire and would love to install it on the EVO also.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy