Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Chinese drone manufacturer DJI takes control over a drone & Crashes it!

If he had flown within VLOS, he would have gotten his drone back. He was able to transverse 4,000' before hitting the water. VLOS is somewhere around 1800-2000'.

Reactions: Tufargon
Just one more reason not to buy DJI products!
Granted, if you're gonna fly "by the book", you need to do your homework and be prepared, so the pilot is without excuse, but I still don't want someone else taking control of my craft without my consent.

Reactions: Drgnfli
Yes but I also think his message was pretty clear, just because you own a Autel EVO you still need to follow the rules or things are going to get a lot worse.
That is what I liked. That one shouldn't buy an Evo, just to fall into negligence and screw the rest of us. One should always follow the rules and be vigilant, no matter which drone you have.

There is an Autel video, where Alejandro very casually mentions that if the EVO flies into a NFZ it will immediately land, I don't think I will be making that mistake. I don't know if it applies to TNFZ, but I am sure I heard him say that even though I didn't want to believe it., I live about 2 miles from a baseball stadium and whenever there is a game the Inspire motors will not spin, but you are given the option of filling out a form taking responsibility by stating you have permission to fly and they grant a waiver, might not happened closer to the venue but it's possible if this guy had been watching his time, set an alarm or something he would have been able to land and re launch after requesting the waver. I don't remember what video Alejandro startedtes this but it was one of his instructional videos.

There is an Autel video, where Alejandro very casually mentions that if the EVO flies into a NFZ it will immediately land, I don't think I will be making that mistake. I don't know if it applies to TNFZ, but I am sure I heard him say that even though I didn't want to believe it., I live about 2 miles from a baseball stadium and whenever there is a game the Inspire motors will not spin, but you are given the option of filling out a form taking responsibility by stating you have permission to fly and they grant a waiver, might not happened closer to the venue but it's possible if this guy had been watching his time, set an alarm or something he would have been able to land and re launch after requesting the waver. I don't remember what video Alejandro startedtes this but it was one of his instructional videos.
Can you provide a link of this video? I have never seen it.

Edit: Finished reading your post. The reason I asked is, because Autel brags that their drones aren't limited by any NFZ. It would be interesting to find this video and ask about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Beeperbee
brother, go to YT and look for the Autel channel and look through their videos, the instructional are few and I think it was for the Explorer app
not sure at this point of anything but that I saw it and heard it

NFZ's will give you a warning but will not stop you from flying. The warning is very annoying but thats about it. This warning has been built into even the Autel XSP and is nothing new. Autels NFZ is not as large as DJI's but it will be triggered on larger airports and military areas. I have never heard if a TFR will make it land and do not believe it will.
In this video this guy has the annoying warning but he still can fly. Start watching at 6 minutes.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacqueslambert