Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Charger AC adapter is very hot

Well mine doesn't show status of the batter unfortunately. It only shows charging voltage and current :(

Try monitoring the charge. Then take the battery off the charger, and run the app and see what the voltage is on the battery. Same? Or you can use a volt meter and check the voltage. I think it will be about the same. I have one on order so will check it out when it comes in.

*update*
cancelled the order...I am pretty sure the display only shows what is going into the battery, not the status of the battery...something I am looking for.

Last edited:
Reactions: Len
Try monitoring the charge. Then take the battery off the charger, and run the app and see what the voltage is on the battery. Same? Or you can use a volt meter and check the voltage. I think it will be about the same. I have one on order so will check it out when it comes in.

*update*
cancelled the order...I am pretty sure the display only shows what is going into the battery, not the status of the battery...something I am looking for.
That's what I said :)

Sure seem that way! I finally managed to file down shrouds on other 2 plugs and charging 3 batteries at the same time right now... Highest current so far 4.2A and it's getting somewhat hot at 42C but not too bad. Fan also seems to come on only after it started to get hot so there's a thermal fan control...

Attachments

• IMG_4188.JPG
    IMG_4188.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 5
I did some voltage testing and this is what I found:
on charger.
1 LED solid, 2nd blinking - 11.34v *3.78v per cell
2 LEDs solid, 3rd blinking - 11.62v *3.87v per cell
3 LEDs solid, 4th blinking - 12.33v *4.11v per cell

*I did not test for individual cell voltage. Just divided by 3 from total voltage.

It appears that the smart board sets storage voltage at 11.65v, so for easy storage charge, keep it on the charger past 2 solid LEDs, but don't have to go to 3 solid LEDs. Of course with the self discharging of the smart batteries, ok to go to 3 solid LED charge for storage, but I would just go to 2 solid, then charge for maybe another 5 minutes. Should be minimal discharge by the battery to get to storage voltage.

Last edited:
Reactions: Len
Do you know if pushing button on the battery once a week will reset self-discharge cycle? I think lowest I can set it is 10 days, but sometimes I have to use it on 12th and it sucks if it discharged...

Sorry bro, no idea. Great question though. That would make sense if it did.

From the manual:
Storage Self-Discharge Protection: If the battery is stored in a high- temperature environment or is idle for 6 days with a high charge level, self- discharge protection will be activated. The battery will discharge automatically to a safe level. This is the default setting, and the discharge process takes 2-3 days. While there’s no indication that the battery is performing a self-discharge cycle, you may notice a slight warming of the battery, which is normal. The discharge threshold can be customized using the Autel ExplorerTM app.

Any interuption before the default setting or your settings will restart the cycle all over again. So yes by pushing the power button on the battery will reset it to day "ONE"

Reactions: Len and Quad808

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonhenkelman