Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Car Charger Woes

I wonder if one of the electrolytic capacitors is causing this problem. This component is polarity sensitive, meaning it can only be placed in circuit in one way, if soldered in the wrong way round it will fail, and fail spectacularly. Depending on the working voltage of the capacitor and the voltage supplied to it, it can work for a finite amount of time but it will eventually fail. They really explode! Because this can be dangerous, the manufacturers even build them with a to breaking point.
Not all parts are the real deal and clones make it into the production line or it could be just a the minimum wage worker doing the component placement put it in the board the wrong way round, and it wasn’t picked up by the QC guy whose job it was to spot these dangerous mistakes.

I have found that the most reliable and steady way to charge the batteries is with a car inverter.

th.jpeg

I just use my provided AC power supply. Works perfectly. 150W is plenty for Autel charger. Never had one problem using it.

maxresdefault.jpg

Reactions: Ansia
I've had good luck so far with mine. I baby it and put the brick part of it that gets pretty hot in front of the ac vent to keep it cool.

Reactions: danmleephoto

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kestrel