Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Can't get Google Maps to appear on Crystal Sky 7.85" on Autel Explorer App

Radioman56

Reaction score
Hi Guys! I got my Crystal sky to work fine with Autel Explorer and my EVO II Pro but I’m having a rough time getting it to load the google maps. I followed David Mann’s YouTube video on the subject, took the drone, controller, and
Crystal Sky connected to WiFi and all working fine outside for an hour (he said 15 or 20 minutes would do the trick for the maps to show up), got 10 to 14 satellites, but kept getting a “Google Play Services is Updating” message where the maps should show up.
When I tap on the Google play services icon on the crystal sky nothing pops up. Wondering what the next troubleshooting step should be… Thanks for any help!

Hello, a Forum is a bit of a database that serves as a mutual aid.
There is a "search" function that allows you to target a specific request, including yours.
Doing this research beforehand avoids giving and repeating the same answer X-times to several people.
So for the solution of what you are asking, take a look, you take this:
Crystalsky with EVO 2
Good reading.

I have given up also. I am working on a large project right now and it´s frustrating to get it not working. However, you can´t sell that kombination if the maps are not working , no missions, etc. Absolutely no way. I have changed the whole project now, and I am using the Samsung Active PRO Tablet now. Very bright , and all problems solved

I just got the Crystalsky working. It is tricky but can be done. I think it is worth the effort.

Reactions: PingSpike
Just an FYI. I followed the following video. I also made sure any installed files exactly matched the version number shown in the video.

I only get the google play services warning a couple of times during a 20-minute flight. It does not freeze the Explorer app. Getting two warnings on an Evo 2, mixed in with the 500 other warnings that appear seems to be not much of an inconvenience.

Fair enough. However , a different warning message "a couple of times" is still not acceptable if you sell a system for professional usage. Additionally the Samsung Tab is equipped with LTE/4G so I have also automatic internet access out in the field without the need to set up a wifi hotspot on my phone, etc.

I definitely do not use my drone for professional use so I am ok with a few warning messages. Built-in cellular would definitely be on my must-have list if I were using it for work. So I agree with you on that.

But I have worked with hundreds of devices during my lifetime. The brightness of the Crystalsky Ultra Bright is unmatched. You can get video monitors with the same brightness but not an Android device that will work with Evo 2. The brightness really elevates my experience. I can now fly from a spot where there is a full sun (Florida) and see everything really clearly, without a sunshade. It is a totally different experience having a really bright monitor. As for reliability, I purchased a five-year warranty on the Crystalsky. That gives me lots of time to enjoy it, even if it occasionally breaks.

When I am using the drone for work, which will never happen, I will probably feel more like you about warning messages and the inconvenience of tethering.

Reactions: PingSpike
The Samsung Active PRO Tab reaches 700 cd/nits , so it will not be that bright as the CS, however that´s pretty good. But maybe I should mention that my system I am currently working on includes a 1600 cd (!) 15" observer monitor in the case.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hakles